Post Likes
    We're doing heating maintenance's in full force. It's crazy going to a maintenance, then to a NO COOL, then back to a HEATING maintenance. All at 100+ degrees now!

So here I am at another one we've been doing for years.

Looks like they don't care about cleaning the thing...

But some of them sure take the EASY money.
    Can you see what HAS been serviced?

All these run caps.
    The RUN CAP BANDIT spends 30 seconds each to change out run caps. Mounting them back in the strap is optional, but never required with the Run Cap Bandit.

Look at this one for the ODF motor. It is already rubbing through the capacitor as it vibrated away against the coil grill.

What really gets me is how they PREACH on checking each and every run cap. How they ARGUE that my electronic meter doesn't REALLY check them. But you NEED to check them with the BullSheet volts/amps x 2654 yada yada (sure it works, sometimes).
    But AFTER they tell a customer that their run cap is bad. They sure as shit just throw it back in there and tape the shit out of it as if we NEVER need to check it again!

That just seems IGNORANT to me.

Post Likes

heating checks

jesus bro they are working the devil out of u guys.....ya think they might give ya a little break before the storm..its still in the high seventys/eightys at night here..(What's the delta in the desert this time of the year day/night)

P.S ive been using almost the same tool bag as u for three years now and ive lost only one nut runner in that time.... the big mouth tool bag cost me several dozen a season..
    If its worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Post Likes
    Lets see. So far today it's only touched 100 in the shade. Not as bad as mon when it touched 106 or so.

At night it's getting into the 70's on occasion. That's where I live in the out skirts.

Yeah. The toolbag has been great. A little cramped for my selection of tools and it somehow weighs a good deal with them tools. But at least it fits up into the attic, etc.

Post Likes
    The HO's must love you 100% ambient and hey lets crank the heat up.

I know , I know it needs to get done but that does suck.

How can your company be proud to put their name to that debacle. I would be embarrased if it had my sticker on it.

I feel for you bro.
    Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think there are no little things!

Post Likes
    I don't know WHY they rushed to book the days with P.M.'s.
    Lucky for me I'm still getting the commercial and some residential break downs in between the P.M.'s.
    But when they book a FULL DAY of P.M.'s and then break downs have to get stuffed in somewhere....

I remember last month when they SAID they were going to mail out the P.M. reminders I told them they were crazy! We usually get cooling break downs through October!

Now they are about to mail out all them real cheap new customer P.M. coupons for like half price.

WTF? We have just enough techs to do our pre paid Service Agreement customers throughout most of the winter and be working 50 hours a week doing it.

I don't know why they don't WAIT until we get through our existing service agreements FIRST and then look for new blood. IF we then have time. Whcih we probably wont.

I don't want to be working 60 hours year round like last year! Dawd damn pencil pushers in the office, I swear! They want to sell everyone a agrement. And when we've sold as many as we can possibly do they was to mail coupons for CHEAP P.M.'s so we can try and sell them more agreements. It's like they want to keep GROWING. Too bad we have MAYBE as many techs as last year this time

Each season we start the service agreement customers, they book them solid as if nothing esle matters. Then get too many break downs and they want new customers. So then they push off some of the service agreement customers until LATER in the winter/Summer. Some NEVER get their service. I know because as I'm starting toi do WINTER service, some ppl are showing me they NEVER got their summer service!

Anyway. Just my .02 I'm not real burnt out yet. But I can see it coming again if they don't regulate soemthing.
    I wouldn't mind working less than 60 hours per week for a few weeks when the weather gets nice.

Post Likes
    What happens when they do sell everyone a pm? Their business practice doesn't seem to take into account the possibility of peaking out and stabilizing.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    I used to work for a Service Experts shop in Illinois that is verbatum to your situation Payson. The best thing I ever did was walk away and join the Union. It's a new life, like a rebirth!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by billygoat22
    What happens when they do sell everyone a pm? Their business practice doesn't seem to take into account the possibility of peaking out and stabilizing.
    That will NEVER happen. All they care about is NUMBERS at the end of the month. They expect to increase each year, each month, etc. Even if it means working techs 12 hours a day to do P.M.s or having installers throw in units so fast and shitty to the point that it makes track homes look PROFESSIONAL!

I was talking to one of the dispatchers. One of the NEWER ones. She agrees with me that they are dbl booking calls too easily sometimes and that their system sucks.
    One of their first things they ned to do is trash the scheduling software and get something that works like where I was at before. At least then there are so many openings per area, per tech, etc and that only a supervisor can exceed the call volume. I've mentioned it, but I don't think the big wig who decided to use this sub standard wet up will back out of it.

Same thing goes for our Nextel Phones. They SUCK. It would be BETTER if we went to regular phones for communicating to the office.

Post Likes
    Run Payson Run, come over to Vegas Ill hook ya up.

No 60 hrs weeks
    with your knowledge, 8 hr days in the summer heat,
    schedule is done days in advance, do your schedule, you go home, simple as that.(unless ya want more)

On call every 8-10 weeks(very rarely do we go out after hours)

Im usually home by 4-5 in the Summer,7- 8 calls max.

We need QUALIFIED, long term Techs, tired of the turnover.

Turnover = lost $$$$$$$$$

We also have a office in Phoenix,ding ding

Post Likes
    Payson, I gotta ask you this. Are you paid by the hour or by the job. If it's by the job, you really gotta start spending more time with the tools than with the camera. (although I really enjoy the pics!) If you're paid by the hour, and you were on MY job, I'd be calling up the office lookin for a credit, since I wanted a service tech and not Cecil B. Demille. lol.
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

Post Likes
    It don't take long to point and click with the dig camera.
    I always have time for pix. WHen I'm waiting for a vacuum pump. When I got the system started and waiting for it to balance out, etc. There's lots of time when you're otherwise just baby sitting a unit.

And the home owner NEVER sees me do it unless I have a reason for taking a picture in which I TELL them I am doing so.

There's always time. Just like right now. Sittin outside Micky D's where I fixed a freezer and waiting for dispatch...