Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tridium......

Post Likes

Tridium......

is such a swift kick right in the balls.

That's pretty much all I have to say.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mallron View Post
    is such a swift kick right in the balls.

That's pretty much all I have to say.
    Ok I'll bite, WHY?
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    LOL, I guess you never met SymmetrE...

Post Likes
    I know we had a bad experience with a tridium dealer here several years ago. We subbed them out to integrate a trane system in and output it to us in BACnet. They did about 3/4 of the job and then told us all man hours had been used for job and they would not complete until we paid them more money. We ripped tridium out along with trane and put our stuff in. We decided never to use them again. To us if you give someone a price to do something and it ends up costing you more you have to eat that. Not the one you gave a price to.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The_USC_2001 View Post
    I know we had a bad experience with a tridium dealer here several years ago. We subbed them out to integrate a trane system in and output it to us in BACnet. They did about 3/4 of the job and then told us all man hours had been used for job and they would not complete until we paid them more money. We ripped tridium out along with trane and put our stuff in. We decided never to use them again. To us if you give someone a price to do something and it ends up costing you more you have to eat that. Not the one you gave a price to.
    Yeah, but that's a knock on the contractor not Tridium! What is the issue with Tridium. Too robust?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WebCTRL View Post
    Yeah, but that's a knock on the contractor not Tridium! What is the issue with Tridium. Too robust?
    I know that is just with that dealer but it put such a bad taste in our mouth that we decided never ever to use it again. When they walked off the job they had not finished pulling in all trane points and what they did pull in only communicated a fraction of the time. We lost money big time on that job and said never again will that happen.

Post Likes
    I know that is just with that dealer but it put such a bad taste in our mouth that we decided never ever to use it again. When they walked off the job they had not finished pulling in all trane points and what they did pull in only communicated a fraction of the time. We lost money big time on that job and said never again will that happen.
    I got ya'. How's the overall market in Columbia and Charleston doing?

I know for ya'll it'll be good as good as you take care of customers.

Post Likes
    I little slower than last year but still busy from Western North Carolina down to South Carolina Coast. We also just recently expanded into Little Rock Arkansas.

That is one thin our companies owner believes in. Take care of customer and go above and beyond expectations.

Post Likes
    I little slower than last year but still busy from Western North Carolina down to South Carolina Coast. We also just recently expanded into Little Rock Arkansas.

That is one thin our companies owner believes in. Take care of customer and go above and beyond expectations.
    Yeah, he's a Great Guys as was his Dad. I grew up in Augusta and we used him alot on jobs we did around that area. I like their philosophy and ethics!

Wish more were that way, huh?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WebCTRL View Post
    Yeah, he's a Great Guys as was his Dad. I grew up in Augusta and we used him alot on jobs we did around that area. I like their philosophy and ethics!

Wish more were that way, huh?
    Yes he is a great guy. Could not ask for a better more fair boss who goes above and beyond to give you what you need to do your job. I did not know his dad that well. He had long passed by the time I came to work here. I met him several times when I was doing mechanical work.

I know I have been here 12 years now and we have grown leaps and bounds. Back the we had 12 employees and one office. Now we have just under 50 employees and 7 offices.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    Ok I'll bite, WHY?
    Because it's so easy to miss a step when you're setting things up. You miss one (seemingly) little step and the chit doesn't work at all.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mallron View Post
    Because it's so easy to miss a step when you're setting things up. You miss one (seemingly) little step and the chit doesn't work at all.
    Yep, but that's true with quite a lot of things.
    A site where I stash some stuff that might be interesting to some folks.
    http://cid-0554c074ec47c396.office.l...e.aspx/.Public

Post Likes
    Haha that's how I felt a few months ago before being tossed into it, we switched to a tridium front end and after a few months I am better with it can do quite a bit, but still it has kicked my butt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast