Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: paysonhvac

Post Likes

Confused

or any other tech. in arizona. what is up with all the residential package units on the roofs? dont people over there like split systems?

I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Post Likes
    Yeah, I wonder about that.. I noticed that when I was out in Las Vegas, Man. talk about eye sore with these big package unit on a roof, and that area is single where rest is tile.

Post Likes

Cool

DUDE! If you think going on an Arizona roof in the summer sucks, try going in an Arizona attic! Payson has shown numerous pictures of G#DD@MMIT! attic jobs, but what they don't show is the heat one feels. Climbing into an attic in Arizona is like stepping into Satan's Breath. Rooftop Package units are beauty in the eye of the heat-stressed beholder. Believe me.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by engineerdave
    DUDE! If you think going on an Arizona roof in the summer sucks, try going in an Arizona attic! Payson has shown numerous pictures of G#DD@MMIT! attic jobs, but what they don't show is the heat one feels. Climbing into an attic in Arizona is like stepping into Satan's Breath. Rooftop Package units are beauty in the eye of the heat-stressed beholder. Believe me.

????????????????
    Get back to work.™

Post Likes
    Most of the airhandlers are in the attic's!!! In the heat of the day , package equipment looks good!!!
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price has gone.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by engineerdave

So are all the houses built on slabs?

Post Likes
    99% of them. A few are being built with basements now.

Post Likes

Talking i dont get it either

People/builders just need to give up a closet(small room, laundry ect... I prefer the equipment to be in the envelope if possible.. Just dont friggin cram in in a drawer! I have a double door closet in laundry room with upflow heatpump and water heater in there...I refer to it as my mechanical room.....

[Edited by happycamper on 09-06-2005 at 10:31 PM]
    If its worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Post Likes
    Small or no attic space. Gets rid of the excessive noise of a closet install wiht R/A below the furnace and retrofit applications for houses that have evap cooling only. Easy to cut a central return and tee into the evap supply with barometric dampers to prevent discharging evap through package unit and vice versa....Previously an AZ tech

Post Likes

Re: i dont get it either

Originally posted by happycamper
    People/builders just need to give up a closet(small room, laundry ect... I prefer the equipment to be in the envelope if possible.. Just dont friggin cram in in a drawer! I have a double door closet in laundry room with upflow heatpump and water heater in there...I refer to it as my mechanical room.....

[Edited by happycamper on 09-06-2005 at 10:31 PM]
    That would be GREAT.

The WORST systems are ATTIC splits. It just SUCKS to go into the attics here. Many of them fukked up access.
    Many companies will pull a furnace from a closet on an OLDER home and shove it into the attic backwards, no catwalk, no light, and feel good when they collect the check form the home owner!
    I HATE that shit!

2nd worst would be the two story Dietz Crane jobbers loaded with Pigeon Poo and not enough room on the side of the house to safely set up a extension ladder.
    Or them TWO ladder jobs in central Phoenix where you have to carry a second ladder on top of one flat roof and set it up to reach the second roof top.

Then there are the ones you wish THEY all were built like.

Examples:

Pebble Creek. A retirement community. Them furnaces are installed vertical in the Garage. The return goes through a chase to the ceiling. There is no noise form the returns. The Condenser's are just on the other side of the garage wall easy to access.

Some of Arizona Traditions is the same way and a few other areas near Surprise and Sun City West.

Those are the ones some builders should learn from.

Other than that, the builders here are total dip shits and just care about how fast they can be thrown together.
    Not that an ATTIC install is a GOOD tghing for the homse. But because it's the CHEAPEST and FASTEST way to throw them houses together!

Post Likes
    Previously an AZ tech......And I think I will stay a "previously AZ tech" after listening to Payson's adventures. Still, I never saw the run cap bandit when I lived in Tucson. He may have made his way down there since I left though.

Post Likes

Re: Re: i dont get it either

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PaysonHVAC
    [B]
    Originally posted by happycamper

Then there are the ones you wish THEY all were built like.

Examples:

Pebble Creek. A retirement community. Them furnaces are installed vertical in the Garage. The return goes through a chase to the ceiling. There is no noise form the returns. The Condenser's are just on the other side of the garage wall easy to access.

S
    This is not allowed per the building code in S.C. The garage MUST be sealed off from the living space of the house. concern for carbon monoxide entering the house while the car is running in the garage...

Post Likes

Re: Re: Re: i dont get it either

This is not allowed per the building code in S.C. The garage MUST be sealed off from the living space of the house. concern for carbon monoxide entering the house while the car is running in the garage...
    There's also containing a fire and the smoke from it, if a car or some household substance catches fire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast