Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by big al2
    Actually Remember is right. The bible does not say there are no other gods. It says God is the number one god "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

God does have a fairly unique benefits package though
    ================================================== ======

Don't make the mistake of agreeing with remember's facts that eventually lead to a lie.

It is quite easy to take someone down a path loaded with facts and come to the wrong conlusion about the truth. Remember is an expert at it. It comes from being a liberal wacko.

Of course there were, and still are, more than one god. A god is anything in which one puts his entire trust and worth. That can be a car, a house, another human, a job, a TV...anything. But there is only one God, the Creator. But remember does not acknowledge that fact. Therefore all his facts eventually lead to a lie.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes
    Wait a second there, bible-boy...so now an inanimate object can be a God as well?

That’s weird, wacky...wacky stuff!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by tonys
    Wait a second there, bible-boy...so now an inanimate object can be a God as well?

That’s weird, wacky...wacky stuff!
    ================================================== =====

Yupper. Anything can be a god (with a lower case "g") as long as someone allows that object to imprison their soul.

But there is only one true, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent God (with an upper case "G"). All others are false, impotent, ignorant, and limited by time and space.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes
    'impotent'

(laughter with a small 'l')

Post Likes
    Booty, you act like you know what you are talking about, but like Robo you are wrong. An inanimate object is an Idol. straight from the one that matters.

Post Likes
    How the hell did I get into that conversation?

Thinking that I am on your mind is really repulsive, mancow.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by big al2
    Actually Remember is right. The bible does not say there are no other gods.
    Isaiah 43:10
    10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD,
    “and my servant whom I have chosen,
    so that you may know and believe me
    and understand that I am he.
    Before me no god was formed,
    nor will there be one after me.

TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by remember
    TB,

your plauralism proof... doesn't apply. doesn't work.doesn't fit.

if by plauralism, you are referring to deism, the old religions where there are more than one god.

First off, thats called pantheism, many gods, or spiritism; everything has god in it...

Pluralism, specifically religiouse pluralism, is the idea that " all paths lead to the same summit" or "all religions are true" its expressed in different ways

Your eagerness to deny the truth value of my claim, without even understanding what it referred to does not reveal wisdom.
    TB

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by acmanko
    Booty, you act like you know what you are talking about, but like Robo you are wrong. An inanimate object is an Idol. straight from the one that matters.
    An idol is a false god, as opposed to the true God. False gods are called false because their not the true God, and they are elevated to the position God should have.
    TB

Post Likes
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq

No, I figured you like to see your name in print every once in a while

Post Likes
    Originally posted by acmanko
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq

No, I figured you like to see your name in print every once in a while
    That is true. I have been feeling a bit neglected lately.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by bootlen
    Don't make the mistake of agreeing with remember's facts that eventually lead to a lie.
    [/B]
    I have dealt with enough con men and politicians to know how to deal with them. Just because one thing you say is the truth does not mean everything you say is the truth. Same for lies.

Post Likes
    TB,

sorry to miss your toss, I didn't know what "plauralism"you were refering to. not only is it called pantheism, but they were pagans and poly theists and all sorts of other "isms" as well as judeaism.

That is why I was "loose" on what you meant by that word.

but the facts are that a definition of one word isn't all that important.When there is so much history, that shows the bibles stories to be no more accurate than myths.

now since the bible was compiled by the romans beginning in the early councils at nicea in 314 ad and 325 ad ,under constantines direction.to be first produced by 395 ad.
    that is 350 years after jesus even lived and died.(and then there are the gnostics and arians and all the other real traditions of jesus,as opposed to the roman one)
    ALL religous priests of the state... were subjugated by the emporer.That situation that existed is why it is true that the romans made the bible. They edited and compiled just a slice of the sacred texts.. that man created.the roman influence in the compilation and editing of sacred texts to make "the bible" is a whole issue we can talk about. but I see nothing about the roman influence that lends it ANY credibility at all. In fact. it is seriously suspect just because of that.It was still another 200 t0 300 years before political connections and wars made the romans bible's religion and the picture that made of jesus, real.when it morphed from a collapsing roman empire, to the religion of the onece barbarian kingdoms of the north.

the story of jesus,and the creation of the christian bible, right off the bat, has to be cleaved into several distinct perspectives. even before going into detail about any one of them.

one of these is that the hebrew religion and torah came first,
    part of which became the christian "old testament".much later.and in genesis,for hundreds of years, the christian(latin/english.etc) translations were wrong.Only recently are the real translations being included. in the hebrew originals, "the plaural" pronouns were used when refering to god.
    genesis 1:26"Then said god,"Let US make man in OUR own likeness,to resemble US,with mastery over the fish in the sea,the birds of the air,the animals,every wild beast..."

also:genesis 3:22
    "Then said god the eternal,"Man has become like one of US, he knows good and evil.He might reach his hand now to the tree of life also,and by eating of it live forever....."

now. These are weighty pronouns...and this is in a christian bible. a translation by james moffat,1922/1950.

the hebrews have a pantheon. of old gods.
    and they have never acknowledged the jesus(a hebrew rabbi) was ever a messaiah.

and there again are the originals that we know of... the sumerian creation epics.

these records of sumer, are better preserved than records that were made thousands of years later. Because they were written in clay. some tablets and stories, date back 7000 years to 5000 BC,in sumer. an ancient city called "enkidu". In what is today,Iraq.

they speak in detail of mans creation. How the god's made men, from biped animals that were already here.
    the gods came from the stars millions of our years ago. they came here to mine the earth for resources. eventually, they tired of doing their own work.so they began "instilling" in the "blackheaded people", who were wild ,primitive people. skills and traits, to make us more like them. able to think and learn enough, so we could be taught to work. for several generations of the gods(hundreds of thousands of our years), they made slaves.in what is today africa.They made these creations sterile, so they couldn't reproduce.When they died(they lived a long time,but eventually died), new ones had to be remade.

as with everything, their standards became lax. and some of these blackheaded people, eventually were given powers to reproduce. Many of the elder gods, thought this was a bad idea.but some of the younger gods, became attached to these creations.and the blackheaded people grew and grew in numbers.

some of the gods even fell in love with the daughters of men. and from those unions were giants. there were giants on the earth. which eventually men were able to beat. as in the story of david and the goliath as is painted all over the cistene chapel at the vatican.

the elder gods didn't like this. they thought it was an abomination. so they decided to kill all the blackheaded people , by flooding the earth.

one of the gods,Enki. didn't agree with the other gods. so he chose a man.and told him how to save his family and the essence of all the living creatures on earth, from the impending flood.
    and the flood happened, and they survived.
    after this. the gods were unhappy. but they decided to let things be... for now.

and enki...with his chosen people. re-populated the earth.

and as the numbers of men began to grow again, they were allowed to have a city of their own. that was sumer, enkidu and some surrounding cities like UR.

but men, having defied the gods, and lived. became headstrong. and began building a shem. the sumerians said it was a tower /plateau/device to talk to god. the god... of those they called gods...to go around the middlemen .

this tower they built was an outright move against the gods...

so the gods destroyed this tower. this "shem".and cast all the people out into the world, but made them speak different languages . so they would never be able to come together again, and challenge the gods.So the gods would never have to worry about men becoming like them.

now these heirarchies were associated with numbers. there were always 12 gods in charge.
    just like jesus' disciples, or the greek or roman gods. or the zodiac.many in the back round. but the councils set high.

this is just a part of why christianity is a hodgepodge of old stories.

even the story of jesus, was a story that had been told many times before.almost every generation.

[Edited by remember on 09-17-2005 at 06:14 PM]

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast