+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Away from the Run Cap Bandit and all the other hackery :)

Post Likes

Talking

Where I was this past weekend.

And a good 30 degrees cooler than here in the Phoenix area.

I'll be spending a lot of my remaining vacation time inside catching up on my DVD's or something where it's cool! Too HOT to work outside on my vacation!

All you other AZ valley techs, have FUN this week in the HEAT!!!

Post Likes
    Payson,

Glad to hear you really did get to take off. Welcome back.

Post Likes

Unhappy

HOOOOOOOOME!!! I MISS HOOOOOME! WHERE WAS THAT PICTURE TAKEN? I'M FROM OCEAN BEACH, SAN DIEGO AND NOW LIVING OUT HERE IN SYRACUSE, NEW YORK. HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD VACATION!!!

Post Likes
    Nice to know that the sharks didn't carry you away. Have fun cathing up while we are in the wonderfull heat.
    If we didn't do this what would we do for fun?

Post Likes

Confused

cant believe you left us in the middle of summer to go to the beach! Thats alrigt though we'll melt away trying to pick up your slack!

Post Likes
    Payson: On vacation do you have bad dreams about goodman country, or are you actually able to relax?

Post Likes
    THIS POST BELONGS ON THE WALL OF PRIDE!
    DON"T mess with the US
    I thought I had been there and done That.
    ITS ALL ABOUT LEARNIN!
    I thought it would be better by now
    "He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands & his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands, his head & his heart is an artist."
    ~St. Francis of Assisi

Post Likes
    I agree with epa
    If we didn't do this what would we do for fun?

Post Likes

Unhappy enouff is enouff

not a frequent poster here, but i always look foreward to comming home, cracking a beer, and checkng the wall of shame. Cuz no matter how bad my day was i always know paysons was Worse! lol Please hurry home

(wispers to payson) bet if u patent that drain gismo, that beach and umbrella drink thing could become a full time gig........u are a true master of this field IMHO.
    If its worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by iams2pido
    HOOOOOOOOME!!! I MISS HOOOOOME! WHERE WAS THAT PICTURE TAKEN? I'M FROM OCEAN BEACH, SAN DIEGO AND NOW LIVING OUT HERE IN SYRACUSE, NEW YORK. HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD VACATION!!!
    It was Coronado Beach

It was the nicest summer weather I've experienced in YEARS!!!

I don't go back to work until next Monday too

No nightmares. But been sleeping in extra late...

The only BAD thing is it's TOO HOT outside to do anything as far as outside hobbies go. I will probably catch up on some of my large DVD collection I've acquired. Must have a good 30+ movies out of nearly 500 that I haven't even watched yet.

Here's a few more pics.

Spoiled brats at the Seal and Otter show...

Melissa after getting soaked on the raft ride...

Showing them how to build a MOTE around the castle

Post Likes
    Cmon Payson, ya gotta luv sitting home and enjoying the Monsoon season,lol, frigging humidity bites big time.Have a whole Month of August to deal with it, god damn condensate leaks up in the attics, Im fed up with them allready,blah.

Enjoy your time off Mon.

Oh and for those who pitty all of Paysons horror stories, He luvs it , or else he wouldnt be doing this sometimes crazy bizz,lol, I just wish I had a camera with me for the past umteen years.Im sure we all have the dreaded , why the ....k am I doing this for a living Flashbacks,hehe

By the way Cute Kids, hope they enjoyed and appreciated Dads time off, wait till they get 17/18, then we all become just blurs and cash machines,lol, mention a 140 degree attic to them, all ya get is, does the car have gas in it.lol.I just keep replying to my daughters, Just wait, just wait.hehe

Post Likes
    Originally posted by PaysonHVAC

Showing them how to build a MOTE around the castle

[/B]
    If you look real close to the shadow of the girl on the right's hand - it looks like where Payson was showing the girls how to install proper access to the attic A/C unit ;-)

Post Likes
    actually, i think payson's still waiting for the junkitrol rtu!! ha ha ha lmao

Post Likes
    Originally posted by steamer

By the way Cute Kids, hope they enjoyed and appreciated Dads time off, wait till they get 17/18, then we all become just blurs and cash machines,lol, mention a 140 degree attic to them, all ya get is, does the car have gas in it.lol.I just keep replying to my daughters, Just wait, just wait.hehe

They already try to use me for a cash machine at 8/10, what are you thinking 17/18????

The 10 yr old expects me to PAY her for doing certain chores that I think she should do simply as her chores!

I took her DVD player with us to use in the hotel room. It was already half way disfunctional. Anyway it BROKE the first night we got there especially when I took it apart and tried to fis something not meant to be fixed! So she IMMEDIATELY stated I had to buy her a new one ASAP!

So we had to find a Wal MART out there and she got a new DVD player. Actually, I gave her the one we HAD in the living room and put the new one in the living room since it loaded my home made DVD's faster than the other one.
    She gave me some attitude for that. But she still ended up with a better one than she had before...

Kids these days!

Post Likes
    i saw a show on the tube called growing up gotti or something. its a bunch of richies. the power went out and the stupid lady called the power company and said our powers been out for 5 minutes and they wanted something done!! lmao! your kids dont look like they'll grow up like that thank goodness, but please make sure they will change their furnace filter every month!!

Post Likes
    Kid's demands today are directly proportional to the 'give-in factor of their parents.

Personally, I was a totalitarian DRILL SGT. to my two boys.... and when they finally got me through training... they got their way.... What's a guy to do?

Oh, and Payson you lucky Busturd... you got the HEAT on your vacation I Sooooooo crave!!! I was in an attic today, (9 hrs.)it was only about 105 deg. F. in there... and I basked in the dark, breathing in the 'blown in' insulation... as it was a windy 68 deg. F. outside. Sweat pouring off of me like I was raining... Had to exhale seven time to my one inhale because of the nasty insulation dust. Draggin control wires through an eighty foot span of joists at 16" centers - space was only 30" in height. Having to kneel on the 2x4 rafters so I didn't fall through the drywall ceiling (Sheet-rock). 9 trips through the ceiling space, as we were also pulling insulated flex into seven zones. Lost two Leatherman pliers in there today too! And the whole time, I was thinking... I would greatfully sacrifice all of this for an hour or two in a 140 deg. attic to service attic cooling units.

Glad you are taking some time off for yourself... and your Bride and the little angels. Time well spent. Rejuvinate... and GET BACK AT IT!

Take care.

Ric
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Post Likes
    Damn. Two lost tools in one day??? That's bad. Loosing a tool really bothers me for some reason. It's like I feel the need to investigate and find out WHAT HAPPENED to that tool!

Anyway. I've got the rest of the week. Being lazy watching movies and the such.

I went through my DVD's and reorganized them. Pulling the ones I ahevn't watched out and putting into the back of the DVD cases.

The pile of 30 or 40 sitting there is what I haven't watched. Don't think I'll catch up this week either.

Post Likes

Talking

Originally posted by epacertified
    THIS POST BELONGS ON THE WALL OF PRIDE!

he don't know how to get there

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in