Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Creative wiring

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    I am not sure about that.
    Ya, i think my switch 2 will run both light 1 and 2 in series. So it is wrong.

Post Likes
    Here's the correct line label diagram.

Thanks Craig!

Series circuits always throw me off. I keep a line label diagram in the truck depicting a contactor in series with a lock out relay. So when i have to wire in a low psi switch and want it to lock out when it trips. I can.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Ya, i think my switch 2 will run both light 1 and 2 in series. So it is wrong.
    wooops!! I overlooked that switch #2 would light #1&#2 sorry...too many

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Here's the correct line label diagram.

Thanks Craig!

Series circuits always throw me off. I keep a line label diagram in the truck depicting a contactor in series with a lock out relay. So when i have to wire in a low psi switch and want it to lock out when it trips. I can.
    can you send over an attachment of the loc-out relay diagram if poss.

Post Likes

try this one with a pen

no pencils or erasers please....on your switch/lights test ...S3 has be on the hot right off the bat and its light right below it,where you connect the hot to feed the S1 and S2 will make L1 and L2 in series or parallel to that L3.above L3,but below S3 is in parallel below L3...L1/L2 will be in series with L3 but not to each other NOTE the coil voltage on the evap supply fan
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sprmktrefertech View Post
    can you send over an attachment of the loc-out relay diagram if poss.
    Here it is. Even though the relays are in series. Y takes the path of the least resistance which is through the normally closed contact of the LOR and LP switch. But, if LP opens. Contactor de-energizes and T2 (common) backfeeds through the contactor energizing LOR coil opening the N/C switch.

I didn't have to go to the Van this time. Because, i just put one in a couple days ago for someone who has a "known" leaky evaporator and insisted on a compressor change out instead of replacing the entire system. I beleive it loses most of it's charge during heat mode and then when summer comes around they run it low. And i don't want my new compressor to get fried under warranty. I beleive i'll be able to at least replace the evap coil next time they call.

These businesses are tight now with $$$ and when they have a bunch of units running at the same time. Systems malfuncting go un-noticed for days until they blow up.

Post Likes
    KBCOOL-Thank you!

Maxter-

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sprmktrefertech View Post
    KBCOOL-Thank you!

Maxter-
    Here's another one that would require the breaker to be flipped at the A/H to reset instead of a quick on/off of the t-stat. Works will on heat pumps that use R out at the condensor or package units. Should definetly generate a service call.

Post Likes
    i drew it out as a parallel ladder diagram but couldn't get it thru photobucket to post do you want to see a full ladder on a trane 75 ton rooftop????
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123