Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    Don't ask secorp to ask any more questions ... it's mean ... you know he's simple ...
    Simple is simple does.....Forest Grump 2011....

I am just looking to hook up with a sugar Mama in the penthouse suite!
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by secorp View Post
    Simple is simple does.....Forest Grump 2011....

I am just looking to hook up with a sugar Mama in the penthouse suite!
    Ya scared her away........................again.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    Ya scared her away........................again.
    Lisa please post again, that was not me that called you 11 times last night between 2 and 3AM.

The guy you caught climbing up your building and staring in your penthouse window was just a guy that looked like me......Please post again.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by secorp View Post
    Lisa please post again, that was not me that called you 11 times last night between 2 and 3AM.

The guy you caught climbing up your building and staring in your penthouse window was just a guy that looked like me......Please post again.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes

Talking Thanks!

You guys are crazy- I was writing from work on Friday and I left at 4:30 pm so I didn't have a chance to answer your replies. The maintenance guy at the apartment put the fan up on something (a platform?) so it is much quieter now, but there is still vibration and I can still hear it a bit. I emailed the manager to ask them to check the fan operation and the bearings as you guys suggested. Someone is supposed to come out on Tuesday. I promise to keep fighting them- I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks again for all of your replies! I'm still laughing! (This is what I'd like to do to the apartment manager!)

Post Likes

Good news!

Hi guys!

Just got word today from the cheapskates that they are replacing the fan! Woohooo!

Hopefully they will put in a fan that will be quiet and last a few years. Thanks again for all of your advice!

Post Likes
    See you just have to make alittle noise and have some info to back you up. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Glad that the forum could be of help to you. Let us know how the new one works out for you.

Post Likes

Thanks everyone!

Thanks HVAC-matt and everyone for your advice. I will let you know how the new fan works out. They said they have to order it and then it will get installed. I hope I don't hear the new fan at all!

Post Likes
    I have same problem, noise and viberation from roof ventlation. I have been compaining each year, building council doesnt care that much. Last month a new motor was replaced becaue it stopped working totally, but new motor is making louder and stronger noise and viberation, driving me crazy, I am so anxious when I think about the vent will work from 8am to 10pm. Last week finally a technician came and did test. Report is as follow.

I was onsite this morning and took decibel readings with our hand held sound meter in the suite. The reading was 50 decibels and outside the suite the reading was 60 decibels as the discharge air vent is right beside the suite door.

These two sound measurements demonstrate that the operational sound is in normal range and not excessive. A quick inspection of the supply air fan on the roof revealed only normal operations and sound. The supply fan sits directly over the entry way into the suite so the occupants will definitely hear the operation of this fan even if the sound levels are normal. The strata has these fans on a timer clock in the parkade level set to bring the fan's on at 8am and off again at 10pm for your information.

From the report it sounds like its normal to hear those noise and viberation. I just don't believe such big noise and viberation could be normal. please help and give me some suggestions. Thank you!

Post Likes

noise and viberation from roof ventilation

I am bothered by noise and viberatibon from roof ventlation. I have been compaining for 5 years, building council doesnt care that much. Last month a new motor was replaced becaue it stopped working totally, but new motor is making louder and stronger noise and viberation, driving me crazy, I am so anxious when I think about the vent will work from 8am to 10pm. Last week finally a technician came and did test. Report is as follow.

I was onsite this morning and took decibel readings with our hand held sound meter in the suite. The reading was 50 decibels and outside the suite the reading was 60 decibels as the discharge air vent is right beside the suite door.

These two sound measurements demonstrate that the operational sound is in normal range and not excessive. A quick inspection of the supply air fan on the roof revealed only normal operations and sound. The supply fan sits directly over the entry way into the suite so the occupants will definitely hear the operation of this fan even if the sound levels are normal. The strata has these fans on a timer clock in the parkade level set to bring the fan's on at 8am and off again at 10pm for your information.

From the report it looks like its normal to hear those noise and viberation. I just don't believe such big noise and viberation could be normal. please help and give me some suggestions. Thank you!

Post Likes
    Hi, The roof fan hums and pounds above all rooms of my apt.. I have complained numerous times and they said 3 decimals is accepted but mine kitchen reads 5. They said the prior owner mad a vent and that I need to seal it. I am in the process of sealing and also sound proofing(not cheap) the kitchen, bathroom, 2 bedrooms and hall way. I still hear the loud humming and pounding. I have to raise the T.V, close the bathroom door and use noise machines as I can not sleep. I told management to change the motor(which on one occasion it broke), get shoes. What should I do?

Post Likes
    What should you do?? Try and not post to topics that started 8 years ago

Post Likes

Frown

Quote Originally Posted by idontgetit View Post
    What should you do?? Try and not post to topics that started 8 years ago
    Try not to be so nasty. I didn't see that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast