Post Likes

DX-9100 Passwords

I have worked with the DX for many years, but have a question about passwords. I have a customer with a DX running his chiller banks. It wasn't commissioned very well and he asked me if I could tune-up the program. The device is password protected. I suggested that he go back to his installer, but he cannot get anywhere with them or the people that commissioned it and I would like to try and massage the existing program. It overshoots CHW setpoint badly and I want to try and adjust the PB and IG. Is there any way around the password? I have the original files, but the password field is grayed out with 0000. I have tried to access the device and cannot. I figure there may be tools out there unpublished to the masses. Just wondering if anyone has done this before. The JCI literature states that if you lose the password, you cannot access the controller.

Post Likes
    You don't need a password to change the PB and IT as these values can be edited from the key pad.
    UA LU 562

Post Likes
    You are right about that. I also may want to change the method of control from Step Mode to Equal Runtime and for this I would need to edit and redownload the file. Thanks.

Post Likes
    he ability to set a password in the DX via the GX9100 is dependent on
    having the following line in the [Settings] section of the gx9100.ini file:
    PasswordEnable=Yes

Post Likes
    WARNING !!
    This setting should only be entered into the gx9100.ini file if you intend using
    the password feature. If a DX controller has been password protected and the
    password has been mislaid or lost then the controller must be returned to the
    factory for the password and current configuration to be cleared.

Post Likes
    One time I had a flaky DX that was asking for a password after a powerdown...even though I know for a fact that it was not setup that way.
    So keep that in mind.