Go to http://www.blackgoose.com/ and click on the VACHP event registration link in the lower right to sign up for this hands-on workshop. I will be presenting an intensive one day in the classroom on factory built fireplaces followed by an actual installation on Day 2 complete with weatherization of the chase, sample duct sealing and pressure diagnostics. Day 1 will be heavy on the 2009 IRC with beaucoup line item code references so bring your copy with highlight markers. We will construct a mockup of the UL 127 test structure and discuss the differences in fire ratings of building materials, CO monitors, ANSI Alert words, types of warranties and legal pitfalls, etc. Day 2 will include a basic overview of scaffolding safety onsite on the actualy scaffolding and how to fit a harness. We'll use TiCl4 smoke puffers and a micromanometer to conduct depressurization tests. I'll show you how to weatherize the chase per the IRC and eliminate callbacks for cold air infiltration and smoking fireplaces. BTW, lunch is provided both days. Oh, yes, we will have an actual fireplace and chimney from a recent fire loss so you can see the actual pipe that suffered a chimney fire, what the coloration changes are and how the metal has changed. Lots of great info. you won't get anywhere else plus networking with some real pros. You will get an 18 page handout, too. I just applied for CEUs for CSIA and NFI.

Class will be held in the Training Center of the International Assn. of Fireplace and Chimney Inspectors right next to the airport. Plenty of cheap hotels and fast food close by. Sign up today before the class fills up! I hope to see you there. That means you logdoc rob!
Hearthman