+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When spiders attack

Post Likes

When spiders attack

A Brown Recluse nailed me on my forearm a couple weeks ago. I waited awhile for it to dry up a little before snapping this pic. It was pretty gross for about a week. The worst symptom was blood oozing from my nasal cavities. Very gross.

Watch out for these little buggers. I did not even know I had been bitten until it blistered up. In the picture you can see the plug starting to separate. It will come out soon. This is not the first time I have had a run in with one of these spawns of the devil.

Actually they are very docile and usually only bite if they are on there backs getting crushed. Most every house in the US has thousands of these spiders roaming around hiding under anything that provides shelter. The Black Widow is just the opposite and can kill you. I would steer clear of them.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Post Likes
    Steamfitters Local 601

Post Likes
    about 25 years ago a local judge was bitten by a recluse
    on the ankle. went to the dr. a week or so later & had to have an amputation
    to just belowthe knee. a few weeks later another surgery & amputation above the knee. next amputation up to the
    hip area. died within 6 mo. of the bite.
    if u suspect a brown recluse bite if possible take his body to the dr. with you
    & do it as soon as possible. they can be very deadly.
    i have been bitten twice by black widows & you will
    get sick but the anti venom is pretty good.
    the brown recluse really likes to hide out in wood piles.

Post Likes
    I freakin hate spiders!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Korndogg View Post
    I would like to thank you in advance for tonight's Spider nightmares

Post Likes
    I don't think you'd need to worry about amputations if you were in that picture.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    about 25 years ago a local judge was bitten by a recluse
    on the ankle. went to the dr. a week or so later & had to have an amputation
    to just belowthe knee. a few weeks later another surgery & amputation above the knee. next amputation up to the
    hip area. died within 6 mo. of the bite.
    if u suspect a brown recluse bite if possible take his body to the dr. with you
    & do it as soon as possible. they can be very deadly.
    i have been bitten twice by black widows & you will
    get sick but the anti venom is pretty good.
    the brown recluse really likes to hide out in wood piles.
    I have been nailed before. I guess some people react differently to the bite. I did not get the body but I suspect I was bitten on a fishing trip three weekends ago. We stayed in cabins that had been closed all Winter.

The bite site is almost healed and all the other symptoms have cleared up. I have had a good friend, who is a doctor, monitoring the bite. He feels it is under control.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Post Likes
    I`ve been bitten 3 times by black widows.
    Each time it`s worse.
    When i was a gold miner i hade a 53 land rover at my mining claim.
    after the snow melt in spring i uncovered my rover & there was about a thousand widows that homesteaded for the winter.\ I had to spray the rovwer with chloradane to kill them.
    I pulled 3 mayonase jars of them buggers out.

Post Likes
    Got bit by a black widow back when I was a teenager in FL. Made me sick for a week. No doctor or anti-venom ( my father just told me to "suck it up and be a man!" ) I would hate to think what a bite would do to me now at the age of 45. I have to ask....Korndogg is your picture a real one or out of some movie? Anyone ever see a banana spider web...scary!!!

Post Likes
    We have brown widows in most of the rooftop units down here. Their supposed to be more toxic then the black widow but inject less venom. Either way I'm lucky not to have been bitten yet. Know many people who have had brown recluse bites, some were worse off then others. Pretty bad no matter how you cut it.

As for the banana spider, we have them too, very interesting spider. Not sure if they bite or not.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    If I were to ever get bitten by one of those I would probably leave the trade. Reason being I've heard you can only have a bite like that one time in your life.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    We have brown widows in most of the rooftop units down here. Their supposed to be more toxic then the black widow but inject less venom. Either way I'm lucky not to have been bitten yet. Know many people who have had brown recluse bites, some were worse off then others. Pretty bad no matter how you cut it.

As for the banana spider, we have them too, very interesting spider. Not sure if they bite or not.
    I think that the banana spiders were just big and could take down birds and small rodents...had a huge web that would span up to 20 ft as I remember. This spider is not to be confused with the brazilian wandering spider often called a banana spider as well but very deadly.

Post Likes
    For sure I ain't pettin one
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post

I had a big spider like the one pictured jump out of some straw I was spreading in a chicken house for bedding. It got me on the end of my finger. the bite was very painful but really did not affect me that much.

Post Likes
    I grew up in Brazil, north east part, not jungle. We had poisonous giant centipedes, and scorpions and stuff like that, but the spiders were relatively harmless. Had lots of tarantulas, but they didn't really hurt you, one kind had fuzzy fur that had an oil on it that would burn when you touched it, but the fire caterpillars had the same thing, and their oil was worse than the spider's. I heard a rumor that the common daddy long leg spider actually has the most toxic poison, but they can't even pierce the human skin cause their fangs are short??
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelbaron View Post
    I grew up in Brazil, north east part, not jungle. We had poisonous giant centipedes, and scorpions and stuff like that, but the spiders were relatively harmless. Had lots of tarantulas, but they didn't really hurt you, one kind had fuzzy fur that had an oil on it that would burn when you touched it, but the fire caterpillars had the same thing, and their oil was worse than the spider's. I heard a rumor that the common daddy long leg spider actually has the most toxic poison, but they can't even pierce the human skin cause their fangs are short??
    I'd rather deal with a snake!

Post Likes
    if i ever ran into one like that i would either run or
    find a big stick.

Post Likes
    Yeah the picture I posted is real. I didn't take it but I know its real. I just had to post it for all the guys that hate spiders. Myself included haha.
    Steamfitters Local 601

Post Likes
    Why in the world do I keep clicking on this flipping thread????

I hate these things !!!!!

Post Likes
    When i was mining the black widows & RECLUSE SPIDERS NEVER BOTHERED ME.
    but, THE DIAMOND BACK RATTLE SNAKES WERE ALL OVER THE PLACE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in