Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Alerton VLC's and Envision

Didn't get much action in the Pro section so I'm reposting this here....

Here I am not a week removed from the AX training course and I've scored my first 'effed up job!!

Anywho- The job has a Vykon JACE as the front end and Alerton VLC's (several) controlling the problem unit. I was able to get into the JACE w/o any problem. I found that all the logic for the AHU was local to the VLC's and the JACE was just doing TOD scheduling and graphics. The customer does have Envision installed (not sure what version-installed in '08) but they don't have the password to access Envision.

I did a search here and found that "localadministrator" might be an option to get us in. Should I try "localadministrator" for both the user and pass?

Also, if I don't get in with the default user and pass, is there a way to reset the default without losing whatever programming etc might reside in the program?

If I do get in, then it will be my first look at the software so I'd like to take a look at some of the user manuals if anyone has them to spare:

Operator Manual-LTBT-OP-EBT25

Install & Start-up-LTBT-TM-ADMIN25

Display Developers Guide-LTBT-TM-DSPDV

Programmers Guide-LTBT-TM-PRGRMR

Also, while looking through the submittals I saw that there was a Niagara AX user guide dated Feb 12, 2008

Anybody have any of these???

Also, how does the "tech key" work and what does it do?

adTHANKSvance
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Post Likes
    we have had similar issues and I also would love to hear the answer to this

The local Alerton people make a point of changing the password to keep us locked out.

...If they arent servicing the client they make damned sure nobody else can either.
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Be brave. You cannot get eaten by an imaginary tiger.

Post Likes
    localadministrator is the user name to use but unless you have the password that the dealer used during setup, your not going to get in. They used to have back door passwords for the older EBT software but that ended in EBT v2.0.

The program will still reside in the controller, the only way to change that default password is to uninstall, but all the job/setup/graphics information will be lost if you remove those files from the pc.

What version do you have?

Tech key is a unlimited number device key with timeout function.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mallron View Post
    Didn't get much action in the Pro section so I'm reposting this here....

Here I am not a week removed from the AX training course and I've scored my first 'effed up job!!

Anywho- The job has a Vykon JACE as the front end and Alerton VLC's (several) controlling the problem unit. I was able to get into the JACE w/o any problem. I found that all the logic for the AHU was local to the VLC's and the JACE was just doing TOD scheduling and graphics. The customer does have Envision installed (not sure what version-installed in '08) but they don't have the password to access Envision.

I did a search here and found that "localadministrator" might be an option to get us in. Should I try "localadministrator" for both the user and pass?

Also, if I don't get in with the default user and pass, is there a way to reset the default without losing whatever programming etc might reside in the program?

If I do get in, then it will be my first look at the software so I'd like to take a look at some of the user manuals if anyone has them to spare:

Operator Manual-LTBT-OP-EBT25

Install & Start-up-LTBT-TM-ADMIN25

Display Developers Guide-LTBT-TM-DSPDV

Programmers Guide-LTBT-TM-PRGRMR

Also, while looking through the submittals I saw that there was a Niagara AX user guide dated Feb 12, 2008

Anybody have any of these???

Also, how does the "tech key" work and what does it do?

adTHANKSvance
    If Envision is before 2.0, try the dealer's name and password 6984042c. Heck try that password anyway. The dealer that I used to work for used 6984042z.
    Otherwise, have the customer call the dealer and tell them that they need the admin's password. They might be kind enough to give it to you.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the replies.

Vegaman- Is there a way to locate and save those files before performing the uninstall?
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Post Likes
    If it was installed in 08 then it is probably EBT 2.5. Like most of the responses stated localadministrator, all lower case no space, would be the user id and password for the initial install. If you find that you are gonna uninstall and reinstall, make sure you grab the job folder ie,, C:/Alerton/RepFolder/Jobfolder.
    If I would of killed my wife when I first met her, I'd be out of jail by now!

GET SOME!!

Post Likes
    mallron youve got mail!!

GET SOME!!

Post Likes
    doubleduece, do the Alerton reps in other parts of the world use a product called Optergy too?

Optergy is software on a PC that abstractly links data and graphics from EBT and also interfaces power meters. Amongst other things, it adds another convenient method to lock a customer out of his own system.

....also in this country, Alerton make a point of NEVER leaving an install CD with the customer.
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Be brave. You cannot get eaten by an imaginary tiger.

Post Likes
    You can backup your job then reinstall Envision for BACtalk and restore your job.

Post Likes
    Not true, depends if he has privileges or not.

Post Likes
    Matrix No optergy here in the states, and yes we leave the install disk.

If you are not worried about losing Tendlogs, Schedules,etc. dont backup the job, just goto the job folder and grab the ddc,display, and bitmap files, and put them in the job folder after you reinstall. If you do it that way you can make your own priviliges.

GET SOME!!

Post Likes

Confused BMS Engineer

:

Post Likes
    Optergy is here in the states now. hXXps://beucherttechnologies.com/store/building-management-systems-software/proton-10/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast