Thread: Dehumidifier Evaluation / History

Post Likes

Dehumidifier Evaluation / History

How do you feel about the AprilAire 1700 in service as a Whole House dehumidifier without Outside Air ?
    Controls?

Maintenance?

Capacity ... 3,000 Sq. Ft +_ ?

http://www.aprilaire.com

[Edited by dan sw fl on 06-04-2005 at 06:39 PM]
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    I just installed a new Aprilair 1700 about 3 weeks ago. RH was between 62 to 74 for 6 years. Now it is between 48 to 52%.

It does about 2,200 sq/ft. the price I got with LG pump (1 gallon), all duct work (collars to) was too good to pass up.

Works great!

thanks
    Mike

Post Likes
    I am looking at putting one in for a similar situation.. 2800 sq. ft., no outside air. (house is 50yo, no huge leaks but definitely not tight construction) A supplemental portable dehum placed under the main air return grille helped immensely last summer (though loud and in the way) and during no/low cooling demand (but still muggy) shoulder seasons.

I'll be interested to see the responses to this one.

Post Likes
    Check out the Ultra-Aire. UA use 6 amps to remove 90 pints vs the 9 amps for the aprilaire. Also better air filtering and controls fresh air ventilation for the UA. Price about the same. UA is highest eff. thermastor.com. TB

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in