Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: microns

Post Likes
    there are diferent paths to learning, some are more efficient then others, the whole "school is a waste" mind set is ignorant to say the least. I know there are some great techs with little to no book learning, but they are the exception not the rule.
    do not tell me i wasted my time in school, after i give you information I aquired in school!

things are quiet here today so I guess i am stiring the pot!
    Still learning opinions welcome.

Post Likes
    Micron is part of the Metric System. There are 1,000,000 microns in a meter. When you do the conversion of inches to microns, there are about 25,400 microns in an inch.

When you start a vacuum you have 29.92 inches of mercury absalute pressure. When you get down to the last inch of pressure it is divided into 25,400 units for the sake of measuring such a low vacuum.

3. Likes HellGato liked this post
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by richlaf
    Micron is part of the Metric System. There are 1,000,000 microns in a meter. When you do the conversion of inches to microns, there are about 25,400 microns in an inch.

When you start a vacuum you have 29.92 inches of mercury absalute pressure. When you get down to the last inch of pressure it is divided into 25,400 units for the sake of measuring such a low vacuum.
    Nice explanation. The J/B Industries link has the most concise explanation I've seen regarding a vacuum.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

5. Likes HellGato liked this post
    Post Likes
    its not as much about "dumb questions" as basic common sense
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Post Likes
    Boil, Boil, Toil and Trouble.

Post Likes
    So now all you need is a gauge that reads in 1/100's of an inch.

I have a micro meter that reads in 1/100ths of an inch. at least thats what the big lines are

Post Likes
    all my experience is a combination of my school and fieldwork and frankly my successes and mistakes.. I consistently am learning still having to re-certify and keep up with the advances in the field.

I ask alot of questions and weigh the answers i receive.

However I found more people here on this site who are professionals in this field are for most part gracious with their experiences and knowledge than anywhere else I have looked...

Glad I found it and glad to have been able to join up and contribute in some small ways if able to.
    "I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid." - John Gotti

“Always shoot first . . . that way they know you’re armed!” - Orrin Porter Rockwell

"Individuals and entities performing contracting work illegally and without a license place the public at risk and effectively steal millions from Arizona's hardworking, law-abiding contractors and their employees," - Jeff Fleetham, director of the Arizona Registrar of Contractors.

Post Likes
    Moved this old thread to Tech to Tech.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    I have a question: what's the difference between 500 microns and 1000 microns at that scale? Why is 500 microns the standard for pulling a vacuum on a system?

Post Likes
    How did we end up in a thread from 2005?

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    I'd Pull to 200 Micron's - Hold for 1/2 Hour , Pressure it to 250 PSI Nitro
    Pull again to 100 Micron's Hold for 1hr , Pressure Pressure it to 300-350 Psi
    Pull again to 50 Microns Hold for 3 Hrs. - still - OK then I Call it ans Release - this being on a Mini Split as those Lines
    are Weak and Long on 2 Head & 3 Head Systems . ( I'd Speed it Up ) or have 2 Pumps for 3 Head System - I Guess ? ~ seeing there is No Main Manifold ? Or do You Guys seeing the
    Coil as only having 1 Full Complete Internal Line Make Up ? seems 3 Heads system would taking Long Time ..Otherwise I have 3 Head Unit coming up in week and have No
    Idea on Internals Gree which has Mitsubishi Compressor .

Post Likes
    Thanks for reviving a 14 year old thread and a 3 year old reply

Maybe start a new thread with your question!

Post Likes
    Isn't that the point of archiving them all? As a reference for people who weren't looking in 2005 - but who have the same questions now?

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by rcstl View Post
    How did we end up in a thread from 2005?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast