+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Putting in the hours

Post Likes

Wink Putting in the hours

Not that it means anything to anybody, I'm stuck on second shift for the next two weeks. All my buds are gone for the night and I get to help the Steamatic guys till midnight. Major duct cleaning project which is well past due. I'm an hvac-r tech at the V.A.hospital in Wichita Ks. It's a great place to work but I'm not used to working these hours. Looks like it's gonna be a long night so you brothers take care. Pat

Post Likes
    Hang in there pjh008. I'll be heading in tonight for a midnight shift.
    At 3:30 pm, everyone else takes off and we become a one man shift till 7am.
    Somewhere around 4 am on my shift, the Alterton guys are suppose to show up and do some work on our chiller setup.
    I really enjoy working at the hospital, a nice mix of very old (30's building) and brand new.
    The shift work is something that can take a bit to get used to.

Post Likes
    Spent the first twenty years of my career working 3-11 and 11-7 .It is really a tough
    life sometimes, I wish sometimes I had gotten more education.

Post Likes
    Well, one good thing is I wont be battling the morning traffic. It's snowing now and we're expecting 6-8". Not good news for the wife though and I imagine the boy is hanging on a thread to see if school is cancelled.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in