Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    If people see that you are going to recharge systems for ten dollars they probably wont hire you because they will assume you dont know what you are doing.

Post Likes

re smstooge your probably right!!

I'm just getting so pissed cause all the studying i did was for nothing!!
    And to make it worse to have people tell you you don't have experience so
    we can't hire you is a bunch of crap!! But what really makes mad is to
    have these companys just straight out lie to me!! How do you get experience
    if no one will even give you a chance its not fair some one give them a chance and helped them! I'm a really hard worker and i'm not asking for hand outs i will prove myself!!! But every one that was in my class at the college got hired on with hvac companys that told me that they don't offer apprenticships or that they are not hiring!! WTF!!! I just wonder what the hell i'm going to have to do to get in the hvac/r field any suggestions or advice would be gladly taken to heart!!!

Post Likes
    Don't sell yourself short. If you are only worth $10 fine but if you are worth $100 charge it, once you have the proper licenses required by your state, city and county.

Post Likes

have lic but no one will even hire me as a laborer

All i was told was that you get your universal you won't have any trouble
    geting a job!! Well all i get is cused and told things like (**** you i'm not trainging you so you can take my business!!) And i see ads in papers for certain hvac companys in this area saying thier hiring for laborers and i go to
    these places they say no were not hiring then i know dudes that have gone in right after me and they get hired!!So i figure in this area if you don't kiss VTs ass or if your not one of thier family members you just wasted time studying and getting lic.I live in christiansburg va one of the most corrupt towns in va and everything here is owned by familys and if your not kin you ain't getting in!!!All i know is i'm not selling myself short cause if i could even get the chance to get in the hvac field i know i would end up being one of the best techs the field has ever seen but seeing thats never going to happen i guess i'll jus stay a damn cook at waffle house
    Last edited by pjphillips; 12-29-2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: was'nt finished

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    Got my XL today....

It's bigger than I thought it would be... but I'm thinking I like that!

I'll just have to work on keepin er light enough to carry....

I think I'll leave the shoulder strap at home for now......
    should be around 40-45llbs fully loaded with everything you would ever need. if yours ends up being more than that, start removing the stuff you put in it just because you had the space

mine stays around 42lbs. but i do carry the once a week usage tools in mine everyday as well lol
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pjphillips View Post
    All i was told was that you get your universal you won't have any trouble
    geting a job!! Well all i get is cused and told things like (**** you i'm not trainging you so you can take my business!!) And i see ads in papers for certain hvac companys in this area saying thier hiring for laborers and i go to
    these places they say no were not hiring then i know dudes that have gone in right after me and they get hired!!So i figure in this area if you don't kiss VTs ass or if your not one of thier family members you just wasted time studying and getting lic.I live in christiansburg va one of the most corrupt towns in va and everything here is owned by familys and if your not kin you ain't getting in!!!All i know is i'm not selling myself short cause if i could even get the chance to get in the hvac field i know i would end up being one of the best techs the field has ever seen but seeing thats never going to happen i guess i'll jus stay a damn cook at waffle house
    there's a job area for this.

look for it from the main page.

it's not polite to barge in on an unrelated thread and take over with this banter.

it's frustrating, am sure. hang tough and keep your eyes open! hard working is a benefit, but experience is king. i try not to work hard, i try to work smarter lol being a tech is no glamorous job. have you applied for installation anywhere? get started in the industry!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes

Smile Thanks Beach tech!!!

Your right it is fustrating! I have'nt check much into the install part of it but i
    going to now thanks again!! to you and everyone that has responed with advice!!

Post Likes

help with hiring

What you can do is tell them when you go to apply is listen i dont want any money for the first week of work or an hourly rate if you hire me for a week and i can prove my self to you and show you what i can accomplish then we can decide on a rate and an amount of money. That way they arent loosing anything they would be gaining a weeks worth of work for free so they would probably end up hiring you and then that would be your chance to show them that u can work and that you mean buisness.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    should be around 40-45llbs fully loaded with everything you would ever need. if yours ends up being more than that, start removing the stuff you put in it just because you had the space

mine stays around 42lbs. but i do carry the once a week usage tools in mine everyday as well lol
    I think your weight rating is pretty close
    It may vary a lb or 2 for the individual but overall its close
    Remember: Murphy's Law,
    Newtons Law of Gravity, Einsteins Theory of Relativity..then you won't go to far wrong.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post

40-45 pounds seems a little heavy to me.

My Veto has seriously bulked up since I bought it, but I'm falling into the trap of filling pockets just because they're there.

I'm going to have a sit-down with it here pretty soon and see if I can't get the weight down to around 30-35 including my Digicools.

Even that seems a little high. My previous bag was running about 20# including the weight of the gauges.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    40-45 pounds seems a little heavy to me.

My Veto has seriously bulked up since I bought it, but I'm falling into the trap of filling pockets just because they're there.

I'm going to have a sit-down with it here pretty soon and see if I can't get the weight down to around 30-35 including my Digicools.

Even that seems a little high. My previous bag was running about 20# including the weight of the gauges.
    I know even I can't get much under 42lbs, it varies daily or job but
    Remember: Murphy's Law,
    Newtons Law of Gravity, Einsteins Theory of Relativity..then you won't go to far wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123