Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4-20ma controls

Post Likes
    i use a johnson 350 series temp control for a 0-10,4-20 simulator. pulled it out of an old unit put 1000 ohm (i think) resistor across sensor terminals than turn dial and it ramps signal and has a bar style readout on front.cheap alternative to other simulators.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by genman
    Originally posted by sysint
    It would be nice if the PLC people would allow a timer override on a jumped input to ignore the LP switch for a preset time.
    Most PLC programs have the ability to "force" and output.
    -I meant as their factory prescribed solution. Apparently Wolf has no interface to force this point.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by genman
    Lift the 4-20 ma input to the system and put a 4-20 ma loop calibrator in and set it to a setting that will allow operaition of the unit. Just fool it with the calibrator.
    John
    A) do as above states

B) physically remove transducer and attach to a tank of freon and plug the hole. Charge system, re-install transducer.

I like "A" better though.

Post Likes
    Kele (www.kele.com)sales a signal generator that will generate either a 0-10Vdc or 0-20 mA signal. It cost about $ 100.00 well worth the money. Every comntrol tech should carry one especially if they are doing any tpye of comissioning or service.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mechdesigner4controls
    Kele (www.kele.com)sales a signal generator that will generate either a 0-10Vdc or 0-20 mA signal. It cost about $ 100.00 well worth the money. Every comntrol tech should carry one especially if they are doing any tpye of comissioning or service.
    Nice Tool thanks for the link...
    Direct link

Post Likes
    JCI also makes a simulator. Its under $500.00
    I does 0-10VDC, 0-20 ma, & resistance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12