Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: training!

Post Likes
    I agree with robo!

back in the day when guys stayed at the same shop for decades, it was a good investment for the contractor

too many aholes took the training and just left!

now we dont get paid for training anymore
    like most things some idiots ruined it for the rest of us!

HI EVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    You seem to already know what the answer to this question is. Do people get paid to go to college? Medical school? Business school?

As far as I am concerned, we get off really lucky when we don't have to pay for the training. As one who has been in the position of training others in the HVAC industry, I know that someone has to pay for my time. Training costs money and benefits both the employee and the employer, but only as long as that employee is working for that employer. The one who received the training is the one who benefits most from the training.
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    HI SUPERTEKSIXTYFIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    I agree with robo!

back in the day when guys stayed at the same shop for decades, it was a good investment for the contractor

too many aholes took the training and just left!

now we dont get paid for training anymore
    like most things some idiots ruined it for the rest of us!

HI EVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    While I agree that workers used to work for the same place for decades and even all of their lives, I don't think it is just the aholes leaving with company paid training that has us having to pay our own way for a lot of training.

I keep hearing that employees are not loyal to companies any more. I say it is from the other way round that the trend of doing mostly for yourself set in. I've worked for companies for a decade that have changed management three times in that decade. Even changed ownership. I didn't change, the company changed and I was no longer working for the same company even though I had not changed jobs.

Loyalty went out the window as soon as the larger, more stable corporations started selling out to investment groups and consolidators. There is no such thing as job security just for being loyal any more. Owners of companies that lost control of their labor forces in the sixties and seventies just decided to go for the money, then cut and run. New companies starting up have exit plans before they ever get started. These new owners just want to build a company that they can later sell off for a better profit then they would make staying with the company. We have become quite the scattered peoples as we lost our tribal instincts.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12