Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

DDC Software/Hardware Suggestions

I have been searching and searching around for a DDC solution for my company. We are a fairly small service company who focuses on light to medium comercial properties. I am looking for a DDC software that has realitvely cheap licensing and is HVAC control specific. We use to use Richard-Zeta but they have been bought out and discontinued. Through my searches I have found a manufacturer (DataNab) that makes I/O controllers with an HVAC focus but their software is very limited. I need to be able to control relays for chillers, dampers, accuators, valves, etc. as well as monitor thermistors, flow sensors, amp meters, etc. I would appreciate any advice you have for me and any building automation system that you might recommend.

Post Likes
    Shoot me an email(its in my profile)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    See this thread.
    [Bhttp://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=603092[/B]

The reason I prefer the Circon and Loytec is there is no licensing and they are reasonably priced and very capable.

Circon has a number of application specific controllers that are priced right and work very well. The programmable controllers should be able to handle anything you can imagine. Their (Software) LNS tool and Visualization tool (Network Integrator and Visual Integrator) are intuitive and priced right. I am now a big fan of Visual integrator and have heard rumors it will be web based in the near future, with the Template wizard you can set up a GUI very quickly, and it comes with a number of decent graphics.

Loytec Products are available direct and are also priced very well. (Software is free)The LINX server or L-VIS Touch screens would be a great front end for any small to medium project. Enterprise applications can be done with multiple LINX. Their routers, switches, gateways, protocol analyzers and network interfaces are all top notch.

Distech products are also very good but you may need to enter into an agreement to get the pricing to keep competitive (others may correct me)

I have no experience with Tridium but Licensing and agreements I believe are needed.

Post Likes
    I checked out the CIRCON site, and it looks good!

Is there anything similar to CIRCON and LOYTEC that is all BACNET-able?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    I meant a line without partners / dealers.

Post Likes
    oh! ok.
    try these guys: www.csimn.com
    And I think you can get Distech and some other BACnet ASC devices like VAV/Fancoil controllers through normal distributors.

Post Likes
    Reliable are pretty cheap, and are native Bacnet. Simple setup too, but simplicity has alot of advantages!
    The DDC system... guilty until proven innocent

Post Likes
    Is there anything similar to CIRCON and LOYTEC that is all BACNET-able?
    Loytec has a number of bacnet devices. LINX 200, 210, 220, L-VIS, L-DALI, L-IP router, L-GATE

Distech does have bacnet controller but I know nothing about them and I think they are configured through a jace only. I could be wrong though.

Post Likes
    If there are already delaers in your area then you cant buy except through them. And they wont do it. Oh if you will pay them to come to your jobsite and so on maybe. If I could actualy just buy their stuff I would of sold a lot of it lately. I like it. But I got nowhere trying to source it.

Post Likes
    Who are you talking about?

Post Likes
    Sorry I was referring to Reliable. And I suppose I should not have. I did make a strong effort to purchase their stuff after encountering the MACHII in an AAOn unit the other day. Colorful. But I was rebuffed. Too bad for them. I should lay off the Gatorade.

Post Likes
    yeah, reliable is dealer/territory driven.

If you need a MACH1 in the box, email me. You would need to update it to the latest firmware, so you or your customer gotta have the right software.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast