Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is an ECM motor?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by badtlc View Post
    You obviously didn't read anything I posted. Both are ECM controlled motors. I stated that. I am not confused about anything. I have designed control boards (not for HVAC) for both for crying out loud.

Are you unfamiliar with "layman's" terms?
    you said "The X-13 is not an "ECM" motor." which is what got this started. are you saying x13 is a layman's term?

see the link i posted where Carrier refers to their X13 based furnace as ECM confusing the guy reading their website who posed the question on this forum.

i doubt the average layman knows Variable Speed, ECM, or X13. i think we should agree to disagree on this. peace.
    Last edited by drewski11; 07-06-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: added quote

Post Likes

heatpumps

Question for everyone. I just installed a 2ton gibson heatpump with aux heat. The temp is average of 35 to 45 degrees outside. My customer is keeping it at 70 degrees in the home. Is it sound normal to have a run time of 30 to 40minutes

Post Likes
    I think you misplaced your question here, but ...

Whether this is "normal" depends on the heat loss of the house. But more importantly, if it's maintaining the setpoint at the design low temperature or below then it is sized right. Long runs times are fine and can result in better comfort.

Post Likes
    The biggest problem with oversizing your furnace is temp. spikes get exaggerated. Very hot then cool back and forth. size it right and walk away from it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in