Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes

Need Help Veto OT-LC

After reading here how everyone loves there Veto i thought i would give it a try.
    Called up United Refrigeration locally and they had a regular style LC and the OT-LC. Well when i got there someone bought the reguar one so i couldnt see it in person so I bought the OT-LC very impressive looking bag, but after getting it home and starting to organize it i find it doesnt seem to work well for me, Has anyone tried both and was wondering what your impression was which you preferred. I am sure i can swap it with the regular style LC If I decide the regular one holds and organizes better. The thing is i am not very disciplined in putting tools back where they belong. Was wondering if the other style would force me to be more organized and put tools back in its rightful place. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pringlel View Post
    After reading here how everyone loves there Veto i thought i would give it a try.
    Called up United Refrigeration locally and they had a regular style LC and the OT-LC. Well when i got there someone bought the reguar one so i couldnt see it in person so I bought the OT-LC very impressive looking bag, but after getting it home and starting to organize it i find it doesnt seem to work well for me, Has anyone tried both and was wondering what your impression was which you preferred. I am sure i can swap it with the regular style LC If I decide the regular one holds and organizes better. The thing is i am not very disciplined in putting tools back where they belong. Was wondering if the other style would force me to be more organized and put tools back in its rightful place. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    The closed top lc has more pockets for you to organize your tools, a friend of mine bought the open top xl and tried it and hated it. If you didn't like the ot, you will like the closed top. I have an ct lc, xl, and a lt-xl on the way, and soon to be xxl-f for my pipefitting tools. And yes, it wil train you to put the tool back in it's place.
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Post Likes
    I agree, I have two closed top XLs and love them.
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

Post Likes
    Thanks guys for the input

Post Likes
    Closed top all the way. Love mine. It keeps your tools dry in the rain
    Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight K. Schrute

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pringlel View Post
    Thanks guys for the input
    No problem

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    The closed top lc has more pockets for you to organize your tools, a friend of mine bought the open top xl and tried it and hated it. If you didn't like the ot, you will like the closed top. I have an ct lc, xl, and a lt-xl on the way, and soon to be xxl-f for my pipefitting tools. And yes, it wil train you to put the tool back in it's place.
    See ive been waiting for someone with an xxl-f but no one seems to have one. IDK ive been hearing everyone raving but no one with an xxl-f but im assuming its the same as the smaller ones but im wondering how heavy it can get.

I was looking at the smaller one but i do mostly installs and do service when install is slow. So i need a larger bag to carry install tools and some service tools. I dont think the small ones will carry enough tools for me. But im worried about the big one weighing 800lbs. lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatstogey View Post
    See ive been waiting for someone with an xxl-f but no one seems to have one. IDK ive been hearing everyone raving but no one with an xxl-f but im assuming its the same as the smaller ones but im wondering how heavy it can get.

I was looking at the smaller one but i do mostly installs and do service when install is slow. So i need a larger bag to carry install tools and some service tools. I dont think the small ones will carry enough tools for me. But im worried about the big one weighing 800lbs. lol
    Give me about two months lol, right now i have a stanley fat max tool box for all my pipe wrenches and such. Im sure it will be lighter than the tool box, we will see.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    Give me about two months lol, right now i have a stanley fat max tool box for all my pipe wrenches and such. Im sure it will be lighter than the tool box, we will see.
    lol too late. Ive been mulling over this tool bag for about 2 months. I just ordered one. I was apprehensive due to high cost. But the rave reviews sold me.

And im already a "put it back where it goes" type. lol I have on occasion just tossed stuff back in. But usually i put it back in its place.

The guy i work with has a tool box. And has tools stroon all across the floor and it bugs me. Then you never know where what your looking for is. Old guys and their old ways. Change is good!!! lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatstogey View Post
    lol too late. Ive been mulling over this tool bag for about 2 months. I just ordered one. I was apprehensive due to high cost. But the rave reviews sold me.

And im already a "put it back where it goes" type. lol I have on occasion just tossed stuff back in. But usually i put it back in its place.

The guy i work with has a tool box. And has tools stroon all across the floor and it bugs me. Then you never know where what your looking for is. Old guys and their old ways. Change is good!!! lol
    Make sure that you let me know how you like it. I really wanna get one, im gettin an LT-XL this week, that takes my veto count to three haha.

Post Likes
    Returned the OT-LT and got the LC. Very glad i did,am very pleased with the closed top. Only had it for 1/2 the day and i can already see improvement in being more organized. I may also get the XL, Is it true it has smaller pockets then the LC?
    I really want to get a impact driver to carry on the meter side of the bag. Is it a big difference in between the 12v max lith and the makita18V LXT. Has anyone tried both in there bag for a fit comparison?

Post Likes
    I have the LC and the HLC I have seen them go through hell and dale. It's great for hand tools, but I do not have a place for my meters and drill, I just tuck them in the side and zip the bag up as tight as possible. the opem lc bag is great but your stull falls out the top if you sling over the shoulder.

Over all, I have went to other bags, but still come back to Veto.

Great bag

Ken Atcher Service

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by atcherservice View Post
    I have the LC and the HLC I have seen them go through hell and dale. It's great for hand tools, but I do not have a place for my meters and drill, I just tuck them in the side and zip the bag up as tight as possible. the opem lc bag is great but your stull falls out the top if you sling over the shoulder.

Over all, I have went to other bags, but still come back to Veto.

Great bag

Ken Atcher Service
    which drill are you using? Tempted to pull the trigger on Makita 18v BTD141 or the Hitachi WH10DFL for 99.00 at lowes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast