Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    I wanna know TOO!! I spent more time in the ice skating rink today than I wanted to - ONLY to resolve the drainage issue and somewhat clear the condensate pan.
    They NOW HAVE DRAINAGE!!

H-O-W-E-V-E-R, what is SECOND most important in a MCD's after fixing the cause for icy floors in the WIF?

Um...fryers. "Can ya look at these while yer here?"

Never got to check the WIF system at all.

Unfortunately I'll have to wait until my next PM (25 June). I WILL check all this out then.

What's weird is, for the first time in two years, I walked in to the walk-in today () to find NO ice on the BACK of the coils...but it's still there behind the fans - in large icy formations hugging the top pan and encapsulating the fan wiring. I wondered if their non-English speaking maintenance man had done that. He was certainly handy today to scrape up the floor, so I gave him a big "Gracias!"

That's inconsequentual. I wanna know and I wanna solve it.

I'll revive this thread from the second page then...

It seems I've nearly made this WIF my career.

I appreciate all the input.

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    Sad that you have to wait for a PM to check out a potential problem that could get worse if not corrected. Good luck to you.

Post Likes
    We use the same machines and don't clear the sight glass. It will be overcharged. The distributor has a blocked tube is where i'd start. Keep us posted.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ECtofix View Post
    I wanna know TOO!! I spent more time in the ice skating rink today than I wanted to - ONLY to resolve the drainage issue and somewhat clear the condensate pan.
    They NOW HAVE DRAINAGE!!

H-O-W-E-V-E-R, what is SECOND most important in a MCD's after fixing the cause for icy floors in the WIF?

Um...fryers. "Can ya look at these while yer here?"

Never got to check the WIF system at all.

Unfortunately I'll have to wait until my next PM (25 June). I WILL check all this out then.

What's weird is, for the first time in two years, I walked in to the walk-in today () to find NO ice on the BACK of the coils...but it's still there behind the fans - in large icy formations hugging the top pan and encapsulating the fan wiring. I wondered if their non-English speaking maintenance man had done that. He was certainly handy today to scrape up the floor, so I gave him a big "Gracias!"

That's inconsequentual. I wanna know and I wanna solve it.

I'll revive this thread from the second page then...

It seems I've nearly made this WIF my career.

I appreciate all the input.
    Where is your defrost heater? Is it under the coil? If so then steam from the drain pan was causing your ice. Now that the pan is draining all you may have to do is just get the residual ice defrosted.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_scheel View Post
    Where is your defrost heater? Is it under the coil? If so then steam from the drain pan was causing your ice. Now that the pan is draining all you may have to do is just get the residual ice defrosted.
    It doesn't have a heater, its a reverse cycle defrost system.

Post Likes
    I bet ya there is either a missing orifice in the inlet of the distributor or the wrong one.

Your obviously feeding the circuits un evenly. And when you have circuits feeding unevenly, you go to the reason for that.

The orifice is the component that will allow even refrigerant distribution to the caps on the outlet of the distributor.

I also would like to know how the hot gas is routed? If it stabs in right at the side of the distributor or not?

Is this that sierra series condensing unit by chance with the P & E hot gas valve?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    I bet ya there is either a missing orifice in the inlet of the distributor or the wrong one.

Your obviously feeding the circuits un evenly. And when you have circuits feeding unevenly, you go to the reason for that.

The orifice is the component that will allow even refrigerant distribution to the caps on the outlet of the distributor.

I also would like to know how the hot gas is routed? If it stabs in right at the side of the distributor or not?

Is this that sierra series condensing unit by chance with the P & E hot gas valve?
    A basic descripton of the cycle is in that PDF file I posted. By the way ,not all units are hot gas defrost....it is an option.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    A basic descripton of the cycle is in that PDF file I posted. By the way ,not all units are hot gas defrost....it is an option.
    I did not read your PDF. What does it say? It ought to say something along the lines of what I said or it's wrong.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    I did not read your PDF. What does it say? It ought to say something along the lines of what I said or it's wrong.
    Read the file! I think we are all leaning towards that fact. The OP has not done any readings to verify anything at this time.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    For some reason I had to reset my password and still couldn't log on to respond. Finally back on...

It's heat element defrost. I've never encountered a reverse cycle defrost yet. Heat pumps - yes, but no walk-ins. Of, course, I've verified it's operating through my MANY de-icing ventures on it.

No, I've not taken any pressure or temp readings. My next PM visit is the 25th. All the equipment there is only three years old and not needing a whole lot of my attention so I'm going to put some serious focus on the freezer then.

I appreciate your responses here and will update.

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    Disregard everything i typed before. A bad or unconnected heater
    element maybe. I've found a few unplugged elements after thawing
    iced up coils. Good luck

Post Likes
    Not that we can get any further until actual readings are taken on this system, but I still think you've either got something in your orifice, you have plugged distributor tubes or your EEV has issues. Not that a defrost heater can't cause this. Good luck on the 25th!
    If You Can't Do The Time.....

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid!" - John Wayne

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ECtofix View Post
    For some reason I had to reset my password and still couldn't log on to respond. Finally back on...

It's heat element defrost. I've never encountered a reverse cycle defrost yet. Heat pumps - yes, but no walk-ins. Of, course, I've verified it's operating through my MANY de-icing ventures on it.

No, I've not taken any pressure or temp readings. My next PM visit is the 25th. All the equipment there is only three years old and not needing a whole lot of my attention so I'm going to put some serious focus on the freezer then.

I appreciate your responses here and will update.
    I had the same log in problem. Thought someone was trying to log in as me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast