Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrote a letter to the board of directors of Goodman Mfg Co. Included all documentation to date asking for an Amana resolution. In the mean time waiting for a response, I am in the process of finding a new Amana Asure HVAC company to repair the leak. I do not want to continue running this system possibly jeopardizing the compressor. I will worry about recovering my costs through litigation at a later date. One company has offered a solution and will be providing me an official estimate as of tomorrow. Just an update for everyone

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not advise putting dye into your system. There are many tried and true techniques for finding leaks. If the leak is not in an Amana component they aren't responsible.

Anytime anyone works on it get an invoice with a written report even though it is under warranty.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by plainscraps View Post
    Obtained the services of a N.A.T.E certified service manager for another company. A very gracious, THOROUGH competent technician. Tech reports static pressure "slightly high" and provided several recommended fix actions or at least things to check. He then checked all furnace switches. Everything seemed correct. He indicated I might want to change my ramping profile at a later date. Tech then checked pressures and superheat and sub cooling. In less than a month the freon that was added has been lost, yet my previous tech could not find a leak. Tech quoted sub cooling at 5 and superheat at 20. After explaining the sub cooling/superheat and TXV operation etc, he stated "based on the information you have provided to me, I suspect there is a leak." This of, course confirms the last technicians diagnosis that he wanted to wait until July to fix. The consultant recommended a complete pressure check or dye check to find the leak. He then recommended repairing the leak, evacuating to a proper level and ensuring no leaks or non condensables then charge by weight as stated on the heat pump and line set length algorithm proved by Amana. He then stated that when this was completed to evaluate sub cooling and superheat. When this was correct, to monitor the system with the established baseline.
    why not get this guy to do the repairs? or is his company not an Amana dealer?

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drewski11 View Post
    why not get this guy to do the repairs? or is his company not an Amana dealer?
    I'm outside of his service area. He was intrigued with my original questions so he asked his boss if he could check it out. He of course did. He apologized for not being able to repair it for me, however, he did provide me a solid course of action. His company is one of the most respected in our area. I was really hoping he would be allowed to repair it. No such luck. Oh well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123