Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nratom45-70 View Post
    I misquoted an above post. I actually own two Tif ZX-1 detectors and one Tif ZX. Other than the cabinet design I see no difference in my three Tif detectors. Just my opinion..I think the didn't want to continue the 25 year warranty on their detectors so the design change also made a good time to change the warranty to three years.
    Why do I have three detectors...bacause of all the bad experiences in the 80's and 90's I had with earlier models. I never trusted them, too many false positives. I went back to bubbles and dye for years.
    I use multiple detectors to back up what I find. I stick toothpicks in the coil where my detector goes off and check it with another detector. I even try to confirm again with bubbles.
    Funny, I also have 2 of the ZX-1 detectors and a ZX. The thing I dont like is the battery life. I found a source for the batteries themselves and I just replace them instead of spending the 60 bux or so, it costs me about 10. I would like to find a Lithium replacement. That would be a game changer for the ZX-1.

Post Likes
    You may be in luck. I think those you posted to are probably still living.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lexscripta View Post
    I suspect that the reason the guys like the ZX-1 is unfamiliarity with the techniques. I have the ZX-1, Srl8, HG-10, and the D-Tek Select. Im also have an AccuTrack Ultra-sonic. Love 'em all for different reasons.
    Wrong

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame View Post
    I am going to be doing a field comparison between the Tif ZX, a Fieldpiece SRL2K7, and possibly an Inficon D-tek Select. I'm a tech just like everyone in here and not affiliated with any vendors or anything. Granted, the ZX isn't an ifra-red detector and is used differently; I'm just going to compare the ability of each and how I think each piece stacks up. I'll post a link once I get everything going.
    Well?

Post Likes
    I'm a huge fan of the ZX series, I have 6 or 7 of them,other than cosmetics there is not difference between the ZX&ZX-1.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Is the battery better on the ZX? I have the ZX-1 and really like it, other then the battery life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Is the battery better on the ZX? I have the ZX-1 and really like it, other then the battery life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No different

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I'm a huge fan of the ZX series, I have 6 or 7 of them,other than cosmetics there is not difference between the ZX&ZX-1.
    That's more than a few. Do you leave them on different sites where you work?

My first ZX was ok until I needed a replacement sensor. Had a good run of multiple sensors that weren't any good and when I had one that was working something else would break. The boss stopped buying them because they were failing so much. Been reluctantly using a H10 Pro since then but it's been ok finding leaks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    That's more than a few. Do you leave them on different sites where you work?

My first ZX was ok until I needed a replacement sensor. Had a good run of multiple sensors that weren't any good and when I had one that was working something else would break. The boss stopped buying them because they were failing so much. Been reluctantly using a H10 Pro since then but it's been ok finding leaks.
    I bought a large lot of used ZX&ZX-1 on ebay years ago, some were dead some good ones, haven't had the chance to go through all of them.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Right?

IR and heated sensor use different techniques. Plus a little getting used to. Then you got the ultra-sonics...

I suspect that the reason the guys like the ZX-1 is unfamiliarity with the techniques. I have the ZX-1, Srl8, HG-10, and the D-Tek Select. Im also have an AccuTrack Ultra-sonic. Love 'em all for different reasons.
    Wrong

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    You may be in luck. I think those you posted to are probably still living.
    Leak detectors always seem to generate discussion.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I bought a large lot of used ZX&ZX-1 on ebay years ago, some were dead some good ones, haven't had the chance to go through all of them.
    I too have a few, started going through them. Something fishy going on. Some say bad sensor, and if I move the sensor to another one, it works. I wonder if there is some calibration differences that causes one unit to condemn a sensor, and another unit passes it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lexscripta View Post
    Right?

IR and heated sensor use different techniques. Plus a little getting used to. Then you got the ultra-sonics...

Wrong
    This has been discussed at nauseam over the years but this specific topic with the SRL2 has been dead for years. It went from the SRL2 being the best detector to it does better with some gas than others. In videos and not just mine it doesn't compare to good heated type sensors at finding small leaks.

Being better at some gasses than others is how they describe the SRL8 also on the Fieldpiece website.

In this video I believe there is 134A tank with a reference leak gizmo. First up was a SRL8 and then I zip tied the ZX-1 and SRL2 wands together sweeping past the same leak.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast