Thread: Symetre r200

Post Likes

Symetre r200

Ok from the previous post "care 7.01" I have successfully downloaded and commissioned the controllers "xl10" that were replaced on the care, lon bus but I can't see them on the symmetre front end. Is there a way that symmetre has to know the address to see the replaced xl10s?

Post Likes
    What was the process you used to replace the controllers. SymmetrE uses an LNS database and when you synchronize the Care database to SymmetrE the process changes the original Care domain, subnet and node ID's for the controllers.

If you are replacing XL10 controllers on a SymmetrE system the best way is to use the device plugin on the SymmetrE server.

Sounds like you are going to have to resync the LNS database.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    How is this accomplished, do I need any special software, or password for symmetre?

Post Likes
    I would try to do a replace through the plugin on the SymmetrE server. If that works you won't have to resync the database.

If working with Care and SymmetrE is something you are going to continue to do in the future you need to get some training on it. It is not a simple process for someone who has never done it before and you need to understand all of the processes that are related when you synchronize an LNS database with Care to SymmetrE.

If you don't know what you are doing you can really hose the system up.
    Go Rangers!