Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    It would have to be a vapor leak to become a problem. That rules out about half the system. I agree topping off has not been a problem for myself. I do think you would have issues if you charged a systems with all vapor but why would anyone do that ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    As a related side note, back when these blends came on the market some manufacturers' refrigerant cylinders had dip tubes in them to allow for liquid charging in the vertical position. The diptube tanks are no longer produced but just be aware of this if you happen to be using some old stock that's been laying around the shop for 15 years.

Take a few seconds to note the "up for liquid" arrows on the side of the tank before charging just to be sure.
    Ice,
    Had a tank once that was marked wrong called manufacture on it and there answer was ya we had a problem with that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    It would have to be a vapor leak to become a problem. That rules out about half the system. I agree topping off has not been a problem for myself. I do think you would have issues if you charged a systems with all vapor but why would anyone do that ?
    It has to be a vapor leak on a dormant system.

It takes time for the refrigerant to fractionate within the system, and as long as it is running fairly continuously, fractionation is not a problem.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsamine View Post
    1st it's refrigerants not freon's.
    2nd if you need to ask that then don't touch it.
    3rd any azerotrope.
    a lot of people still call it freon, just like a lot of people still refer to any clamp on amp meter as an amprobe, or any bi metal type( of the type you know I am refering to) as a klixon, any brand of condensor flooding type of low ambient as head master. Darn!!!!!!! Next time maybe he will just go do it however without asking anything. Afterall the last thing we want to do out here is answer someone's question.
    Bad information is worse than no information at all.

There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't!

Post Likes
    I charge everything with liquid so I can keep it simple.
    Scooter

UA Local 630
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    RSES
    FL. Class A License

www.enterpriseaire.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scooters45 View Post
    Exactly, r22 under 70 psi, 410a under 100. Never had a problem yet with slamming if one is careful to allow time for remix Feet Per Min.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JBM1000 View Post
    Exactly, r22 under 70 psi, 410a under 100. Never had a problem yet with slamming if one is careful to allow time for remix Feet Per Min.
    Huh??????????
    Bad information is worse than no information at all.

There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't!

Post Likes
    i think he is saying only feed it enough to where its able to flash to a gas before reaching the compressor

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scooters45 View Post

. Listen to the compressor it will tell you if it's getting to much liquid.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    If fractionalization were a big issue, then the smallest cylinders wouldnt be 24 or so pounds..

Post Likes
    I have seen freezers be totaly screwed up just with topping off. I had to dump the charge(you know what I mean) and start from scratch. Non-condensibles were not a factor in this. So to say it's ok top top off is wrong. I've seen it not work if you haven't how long have you been in the field and not behind a desk.

Why even screw around if it's an azerotrope just charge it as a liquid like the manufactors recommend.
    Not what it use to be

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsamine View Post
    I have seen freezers be totaly screwed up just with topping off. I had to dump the charge(you know what I mean) and start from scratch. Non-condensibles were not a factor in this. So to say it's ok top top off is wrong. I've seen it not work if you haven't how long have you been in the field and not behind a desk.

Why even screw around if it's an azerotrope just charge it as a liquid like the manufactors recommend.
    Am assuming this is directed at me.

I have 15 years of experience working on supermarket racks and other associated equipment.

I have not spent a single day behind a desk.

I'd be willing to bet that your problems were due to improper charging more than just topping off.

Post Likes
    Topping off is not a issue see it everyday.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast