Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best Hoses For Pulling Vacuum

Post Likes
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    I like that, simple.

Who has the 1/4 Female to 1/4 Female to connect a gauge straight to the line? I normally connect my gauge with a short YJ hose.
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

Post Likes
    comes like that out of the box
    That is a 3/8 id gorilla hose with 1/4" ends, I put a 1/4"x 3/8" adapter on the other end to hook up directly to my pump.
    I have found that the less fittings you have the less time you spend trying to figure out why it's taking so long to pump down a system that held a 300# nitrogen charge.
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    I have my hoses custom made. Not sure who may be in your area, but I utilize the services of Evco House of Pipe and Fittings here in Utah. For under fifty dollars you can have 3/8" SS steel braided 6000psi burst pressure hydraulic hoses and fittings made. I have a set of ten footers for certain commercial refrigeration systems I tend to on occasion. I have no issue with permeation on these hoses and hold 50 microns with no problem. The beautiful thing about thinking out of the box is knowing that there are a ton of different types of fittings...just a little ingenuity and creativity and you can make your own vacuum tree or vacuum apparatus for pennies on the dollar.
    I like your personalized set-up, JTROUSE.
    Any chance of getting some contact info, slc? Even with shipping that is a DEAL!

Post Likes

Lightbulb Good pricing & GREAT IDEA!

I have my hoses custom made. Not sure who may be in your area, but I utilize the services of Evco House of Pipe and Fittings here in Utah. For under fifty dollars you can have 3/8" SS steel braided 6000psi burst pressure hydraulic hoses and fittings made. I have a set of ten footers for certain commercial refrigeration systems I tend to on occasion. I have no issue with permeation on these hoses and hold 50 microns with no problem. The beautiful thing about thinking out of the box is knowing that there are a ton of different types of fittings...just a little ingenuity and creativity and you can make your own vacuum tree or vacuum apparatus for pennies on the dollar.
    I like the price of those stainless hoses. Also the way you mounted your evac setup.I can never find the right place to hang my gauges.thanks ,kimosobee

Post Likes

Lightbulb Good pricing & GREAT IDEA!

I like the price of those stainless hoses. Also the way you mounted your evac setup.I can never find the right place to hang my gauges.thanks ,kimosobee

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Any chance of getting some contact info, slc? Even with shipping that is a DEAL!
    Give me a few days and I will get all the information put together. All I know is that I walk in and say I want 3/8 or 1/4 S/S braided hose in these lengths and with these fittings. They ask me how soon, I say whenever, and in about a week or so I get a call hoses are ready.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrouse View Post
    This is what I use for smaller (under 10 tons or so) system evacs. The pics below show a remake version that is smaller than the earlier one I used and this one can pivot to accommodate the stiffer SS hoses. It is 3/8" from the pump and up the middle of the manifold. There it splits left and right to the 3/8" (?) tubes that have their own ball valves at the bottom. The bottom left and right ports are used for refrigerant tank hook-up and whatever else I want. In this pic set I used two over sized 1/4" SS hoses hooked to the high and low side.

The system is an 8 ton (I think) and the lines are 1/2"A - 1 1/8". The lines go up to the second story, and across to the other side of the building. 50 minutes and I got under 200 microns with pump running. Under 400 after a pump shut off and a 20 minute hold.

PS I did not do this compressor install and cut out the suction service valve and port. I will insulate the suction line before I walk away from this job.
    Thats a nice setup you have there.

Thanks for the idea on the hyd. hose I never thought of that.

Post Likes
    I guess all this talk is on residential/light commercial.im used to heavy commercial/industrial.i only use 1/2-3/4 hoses for everything.but when pulling vacuum I use 1/2 hoses for 12-14 hrs.sometimes longer.when I have a problem job that has had leaks in past I use copper.takes out the question ARE MY HOSES LEAKING?i have to get down typically below 300 microns and hold for 24 hrs.standing vac.

Post Likes
    Any hose can leak, i am going to order a set of those stainless one though i triple evac not because im good but because im lazy. Triple evac cuts my time down from hours to minutes,,,,,,,,,sometimes.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Post Likes
    appion j-mart had the vcrt's and hoses on sale for $99 1/2" hose with a 3/8 fitting and a 1/4 fitting. so far have worked great for me
    Do it once. Do it correct.

Post Likes
    Is that a nickname or is there a supplier in your area called j-mart?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eric1589 View Post
    Is that a nickname or is there a supplier in your area called j-mart?
    J-mart = Johnstone
    -Marty

Post Likes
    I was considering "building" my own kit from trutech tools for $450 but, I might stick around and see what other (and possibly cheaper) options are. With the bluvac, hoses, fittings and what not, it doesn't seem all too bad of a price though.

Post Likes
    Conductance... Term used by the guys that DO vacuum on an industrial scale. At low pressures, there are very few molecules of gas or vapor and SIZE matters! The bigger in diameter and the shorter the conduit, the faster the sparse molecules can be moved along. I like the Appion evacuation set. BIG passageways and I like their vacuum pump with the change on the fly oil reservoir. Nice stuff.......

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    I like the appion 3/8 hose,http://www.trutechtools.com/Appion-M...se_p_1313.html
    3/8 on my vac pump, 1/4 on the vcrt, http://www.trutechtools.com/14-Vacuu...ol_p_2938.html
    use the ,copper to my blu vac, http://www.trutechtools.com/Yellow-J...er_p_1989.html
    You have like $120.00 in it if you have the micron and pump. No rubber in line when you throw the valve.

Post Likes

tree setup

Quote Originally Posted by jtrouse View Post
    This is what I use for smaller (under 10 tons or so) system evacs. The pics below show a remake version that is smaller than the earlier one I used and this one can pivot to accommodate the stiffer SS hoses. It is 3/8" from the pump and up the middle of the manifold. There it splits left and right to the 3/8" (?) tubes that have their own ball valves at the bottom. The bottom left and right ports are used for refrigerant tank hook-up and whatever else I want. In this pic set I used two over sized 1/4" SS hoses hooked to the high and low side.

The system is an 8 ton (I think) and the lines are 1/2"A - 1 1/8". The lines go up to the second story, and across to the other side of the building. 50 minutes and I got under 200 microns with pump running. Under 400 after a pump shut off and a 20 minute hold.

PS I did not do this compressor install and cut out the suction service valve and port. I will insulate the suction line before I walk away from this job.
    I know this is an old thread....looking for a typical manifoldless tree setup for pulling a vacuum. Also source for ss {stainless steel?} hoses
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Name:  IMG_0828.jpeg
Views: 779
Size:  2.43 MB

Post Likes
    I just picked up tru blu hoses, haven't had an opportunity to use them yet, but I've heard nothing but excellent reviews of them

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

20. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I use two YJ black, heavy duty, vacuum rated, 3/8" hoses direct from vacuum pump to Appion core tools. On most any resi system it will pull down pretty fast. It really doesn't matter how much the hoses are permeable,(I mean it does matter in the sense that it will pull the vacuum down quickly), as they are valved off during the standing vacuum test anyway, so they're out of the loop. As long as my vacuum pump/hoses will pull down to a reasonable vacuum level, then I'm fine with it.
    Last edited by channellxbob; 09-18-2020 at 11:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in