Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by hack hater
    Or if they have a green van that doubles as a furnace-they might be a redneck
    i remeber that picture haha

Post Likes

Talking

I suspect they may be a redneck if they try to endorse the cheque with a bingo dabber.

Post Likes
    If while trying to explain relative humidly to a customer, both his teenage son and daughter over hear you and start sweating at the same time, the customer might be a redneck.

Post Likes

Talking

If they (it was a she) ask, "How often do you have to change your freon. Is it sort of like having to change the oil in you car?"

Post Likes
    Originally posted by hospitalacguy
    If they (it was a she) ask, "How often do you have to change your freon. Is it sort of like having to change the oil in you car?"
    That reminds me of when I was still in high school working at the local gas station a lady came in and wanted the air in her tires changed!! I tried explaining it to her but she insisted! So I did and I didn't charge her for it, she left happy!!

Post Likes
    That reminds me of when I was still in high school working at the local gas station a lady came in and wanted the air in her tires changed!! I tried explaining it to her but she insisted! So I did and I didn't charge her for it, she left happy!! [/B]

Ignorance is bliss.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Post Likes
    If they have a natural draft furnace with no return air in a closet in a mobil home.....they might be a redneck.(same house had an outlet screwed to the wall with no box only tape around it)
    Take your time & do it right!

Post Likes
    Ive had many of my customers refer to freon as "antifreeze".

I live/work in Georgia...go figure

Post Likes
    ... you tell them "ok, now, i am gonna put this thing on a vaccum", and they hurry back with a shop-vac... REDNECK

Post Likes

Talking

Maybe the engineering company that designs most of the systems to be installed in the hospital must be full of rednecks. They sent some plans over for some work to be done and when we reviewed the plans we made note they didn't include the return for the system. Just the unit and the supply. Gotta love it.

Post Likes
    A few years ago I made a service call to a village deep into the bush in Alaska on a generator owned by the village. I had made arrangements to use the loader and have it operated by the power plant operator. When I got ready for it I informed the village secretary that I needed the loader. I was told that the village charged 300.oo per hour for the loader and 100.00 for the operator. I told her that our company would just mark up the expense and add 20% to it and bill them back for the expense. She thought about it for a minute and then said "ok you can have the loader for $100.00 per hour....." go figure....

Post Likes
    I had a similar circumstance where I had to repair some radiant heaters in an Oil Industry paint shop. The seventeen radian heaters were 25 feet off the floor. They had a motorized scissor lift that they said they'd rent to us for $500.00 a day. We found a local rental shop that rented one to us for $400.00 a day. We required it for an entire week.

Even after I provided them with the alternative... We will charge you $600.00 a day if we rent a unit.... or you loan us yours for free... things will work out to your advantage... then we would only charge you parts and labour for the repair of the heaters.

Their math was not their strong point. The insisted that we be billed for the use of their scissor lift. Needless to say, we opted to rent it elsewhere... and the paid the bill for the rental and parts/labour for work performed. Wouldn't want to be their accountant!
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Post Likes

Confused Red neck or Blond?

Originally posted by genman
    A few years ago I made a service call to a village deep into the bush in Alaska on a generator owned by the village. I had made arrangements to use the loader and have it operated by the power plant operator. When I got ready for it I informed the village secretary that I needed the loader. I was told that the village charged 300.oo per hour for the loader and 100.00 for the operator. I told her that our company would just mark up the expense and add 20% to it and bill them back for the expense. She thought about it for a minute and then said "ok you can have the loader for $100.00 per hour....." go figure....
    She had to be a natural blond!!

Fred

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast