Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by just_opinion View Post
    Two cigaretes long. If it is not Marlboro, then three because it is cheaper brand.

Good luck on the answers
    That bullcrap, everybody knows Marlboro burns faster.
    Every pro knows its 2 Parliament light 100's sheesh
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    That bullcrap, everybody knows Marlboro burns faster.
    Every pro knows its 2 Parliament light 100's sheesh
    With the price of cigaretes now a day, do you think you can burn 2 with one vacuum.

Cheaper brand then you can afford to.

That's what I mean.

As for how long in time. Who counts the ticks. I use CAP book

Post Likes
    Depends on the size of the equipment. Sometimes it's a few hours on small equipment, to a few days if your on a built up system. On construction start up we try for 100-200 microns and usualy let the pumps go at least over the weekend. New oil, new black hoses, or hard piped, several vacuum pumps, and always test the equipment, hoses before making any connections.

Post Likes
    Art - you work in a test lab!! We have to drag our a** out in the field, along with equipment. 10 microns - c'mon!!
    500 is a good goal. 300 if you can get there. You have to remember, some folks don't have access to the greatest equipment, have unlimited time, or get to change oil as often as they should.
    It ain't a perfect world.
    If I get 500 and it holds, I'm confident things are good.
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2old2rock View Post
    10 microns - c'mon!!
    500 is a good goal. 300 if you can get there.
    Residential vacuum machines are not made to reach 10. 500 is not a goal, it is the minimum. 300 is always achievable.

Post Likes
    Tostaos - I don't know if you read all of my post, or all of the OP's. He asked what we go to in the real world. 500 is good for me. Most around here couldn't tell the difference between a micron gauge and a manometer.
    I probably can't get to 300 with my set up. It's old, doesn't get fresh oil as often as it should, and Boss is calling saying "WTF is taking so long"?
    If I get to 500 and it holds, I'm good. Sure 300 would be great, 10 would be even better. But I ain't in the lab.
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2old2rock View Post
    Tostaos - I don't know if you read all of my post, or all of the OP's. He asked what we go to in the real world. 500 is good for me. Most around here couldn't tell the difference between a micron gauge and a manometer.
    I probably can't get to 300 with my set up. It's old, doesn't get fresh oil as often as it should, and Boss is calling saying "WTF is taking so long"?
    If I get to 500 and it holds, I'm good. Sure 300 would be great, 10 would be even better. But I ain't in the lab.
    Show some professionalism and improve your equipment and please do not post in the residential section when you are not willing to work inside of minimum industry standards. It's not good advertisement.

Post Likes
    i agree with some of the other members, i always try to hit 250, i do realize time is money but call backs are not cheap, do it right the first time.

Post Likes
    Ok. Clear this up for me. Is 500 ok, or not? Yeah or nay. And please don't start a poll. I hate those f'n things.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tostaos View Post
    Show some professionalism and improve your equipment and please do not post in the residential section when you are not willing to work inside of minimum industry standards. It's not good advertisement.
    I must be a hack.

In 15 years, I have not, to date, EVER used a micron gauge.

I have seen them, looked at them, learned about them, thought real hard about them, but to date, haven't ever actually used one.

After learning more on this and other forums, I have decided that the time to buy one is very, very soon.

Is it correct practice? Yes.

Is it necessary? No. Not with many, many systems. I have actually made repairs and restarted the system without pulling a vacuum or replacing the drier. It worked and I STILL haven't been back.

Step down off of your high horse.

Post Likes
    i know im not a professional but my teacher told and has us in lad pull it down to atleast 500 microns for R-22 and atleast 250 for 410a. He said the reason for goin lower on 410a is because it can attract or absorb unwanted moisture alot easier than R22

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I must be a hack.
    agree

Post Likes
    This isnt going to end well.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast