Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Post Likes

    Who could I hire to install a vapor barrier?

    I've had guys come out to bid on installing a "Cleanspace" vapor barrier in my crawlspace, but the cost is prohibitive for me ($8-15k). I think a 20-mil plastic would be just as good? If so, is there a type of contractor I can call that would do this for me? I'd like it done right, and done right the first time, so I'd like to find someone that does this sort of thing often, I just don't know where to look. Any suggestions? I know I could probably do it myself but my time and health doesn't permit it at this point...thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Post Likes
    Any company that does mold remediation should do this. The company I work for does this we are in VA. If you are looking at 20 mil the price will not change much from what you have. 6mil to 12 mil adds about a grand. 6mil will be fine for any crawl space.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Post Likes
    Many Radon Mitigation companies do this as part of installing Radon systems but they may do just the vapor barrier for you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.