Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thread: SCAM ALERT!

Post Likes
    I get an email in my mailbox telling me the comments on my post but its written not available. is this some error or scam?

Post Likes
    Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Yeah, I don't usually pick up unless I recognize the number or Caller ID.

Post Likes
    Back in the Winter I got a message my Daughter had been in a minor car accident and they needed the 500 co-pay. They had her SS Number Drivers License No. and correct insurance ID. I called the number and it was the hospitals billing department, but they weren't on site. They gave me another number to call. I got an almost immediate call back. I asked if I could talk to my Daughter, oh she's in X-ray. It was a very sophisticated scam. They got all her info from a walk-in clinic she'd gone to. BTW The number that came up is legit for the Hospital billing.
    Retired, after 43 Years

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Back in the Winter I got a message my Daughter had been in a minor car accident and they needed the 500 co-pay. They had her SS Number Drivers License No. and correct insurance ID. I called the number and it was the hospitals billing department, but they weren't on site. They gave me another number to call. I got an almost immediate call back. I asked if I could talk to my Daughter, oh she's in X-ray. It was a very sophisticated scam. They got all her info from a walk-in clinic she'd gone to. BTW The number that came up is legit for the Hospital billing.
    In cases like that and "your grandson is in jail and needs bail money", you should first try calling the person in question. If they pick up, then you know it's a scam.

Post Likes
    Just FYI, if you want to report these scams to local / Federal Law Enforcement many agencies will not act on your report until you actually suffer a loss. Some agencies even have a minimum $$ loss threshold that must be met until they will investigate.

Post Likes
    Good to know, thanks!

Post Likes
    Scammers are just the worst. At lease now a days we can usually see them coming pretty easy.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112