Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Yes; Chinese cast iron is always hit-or-miss - and mostly misses in my experience.

Lodge pans all just work - so maybe they are made in America. <g>

My suspicion is that a non-season-able cast iron pan is just a poor quality cast iron - it wouldn't surprise me even sightly if the Chinese intentionally adulterate their metals to reduce production costs or something.

PHM
    -------------

Quote Originally Posted by Green Mountain View Post
    Having a good set of cast iron cookware is essential for the type of stuff I like to cook. The standing joke around my house is that I cut up an onion and throw it in the frying pan and THEN decide what I'm going to cook for supper.

Anyway I have every size fry pan (skillet) up to 14". They are all broken in really well. Except for the 9" pan. I had it long time. I think my mother left it to me. I can not season this pan. I have tried all the "Tricks" to get this pan from sticking. Sanding it down with salt. Baking it with oil in it. Oiling it after washing. I just can't get the patienna(sp) on it like the other cast iron pans.

Is there such a thing as a cast iron pan the CAN NOT be seasoned? Or does someone have a sure fired way of seasoning a pan.?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    I have a nice wagner that is always seasoned great, even if I use a little soap. And I have a crappy no name pan that won't stay nicely seasoned no matter what I do...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zztop View Post
    I have a nice wagner that is always seasoned great, even if I use a little soap. And I have a crappy no name pan that won't stay nicely seasoned no matter what I do...
    ZZ, shoot me an email (in my profile). I have some info for you.

Post Likes
    Would saved bacon grease work you think?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123