+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: lighting controls

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    How many advertise they use a Neuron? Does JCI advertise they re-badge Distech? How many devices have you removed the plastic from to check?
    Not sure, but I would think Cimetrics (and your company) would advertise it on their website.

Post Likes
    How many advertise they use a Neuron? Does JCI advertise they re-badge Distech? How many devices have you removed the plastic from to check?
    I usually take a look inside devices, yes. So I've seen about 10 LON manufacturers -- not much, that's why I'm asking.
    Using some chips inside your original equipment is completely different from OEM (just re-badge as you said) -- so I see no reason to be secret. And even in OEM market we could see that Tridium announces it openly.

Post Likes
    How many advertise they use a Neuron?
    Nobody, because it makes them no different from their competitors. I'm sure they will start to advertise they use Neuron 5000.

Post Likes
    Pretty interesting link to Lighting Controls that have been done utilizing, dimming and Lonworks.
    http://www.pwmag.com/industry-news.a...28782&artnum=1

From Page 3 of the above link
    "A study prepared for the American Chamber of Commerce Executives in March examined the effects of installing managed street-lighting systems in greater Washington, D.C. Experts believe there's an opportunity to dramatically reduce the region's carbon footprint and save money. Assuming $232/streetlight, the total required investment is estimated at $70 million, with a return on investment of five to seven years. The study also projects an annual reduction of carbon dioxide emissions of 77,746 metric tons."

Here's another with a few more links - http://www.echelon.com/solutions/streetlight/
    If you watch the video - you would think they would show a cleaner looking control cabinet!
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shylock View Post
    Nobody, because it makes them no different from their competitors. I'm sure they will start to advertise they use Neuron 5000.
    Maybe I answer it this way. If you are providing labor for your company probably the companies name is on the truck and not yours. At times the company may possibly throw your name on the door or a shirt but really that is up to their discretion. This does not mean however that they aren't using you for their heavy lifting.

And on that new chip- why do you think suddenly there is no credit charge for their LNS system? Could it be because of competition or their gracious nature?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    Pretty interesting link to Lighting Controls that have been done utilizing, dimming and Lonworks.
    http://www.pwmag.com/industry-news.a...28782&artnum=1
    Thanks for the link - yet another article you probably will never find in an ASHRAE journal. It has all the right criteria, modern tech, saves energy but doesn't use bacnet so it's brushed aside. Very simple solution saving very big dollars.

...real time traffic monitoring and control - that I wonder about.

Post Likes

...real time traffic monitoring and control - that I wonder about

Thanks for the link - yet another article you probably will never find in an ASHRAE journal. It has all the right criteria, modern tech, saves energy but doesn't use bacnet so it's brushed aside. Very simple solution saving very big dollars.

...real time traffic monitoring and control - that I wonder about.
    Honeywell started doing this in Minneapolis, some 25 years ago. It was about 15 years before its time. Don't know if they are still in that market. Thanks. Mike

Post Likes
    http://www.sinewaveenergy.com/products.html

Anyone ever use anything like this?

Looks interesting for certain types of retrofits. (My parking lot maybe)

Post Likes
    And on that new chip- why do you think suddenly there is no credit charge for their LNS system? Could it be because of competition or their gracious nature?
    Why!?! Because I called and emailed to complain about the charge!

Not only that but can't let Loytec take up anymore market share - my stock price has to go up!
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in