+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TAC Xenta 527/527-NPR Demonstration Board

Post Likes

TAC Xenta 527/527-NPR Demonstration Board

We have set up a demo board complete with a Xenta 527-NPR (could be a 527 web enabled later), at PCU-7716, MCI-7793, an MRI, a VAV AX 2, an I-Stat and some other controllers for the purpose of training. We have configured the Xenta using the serial cable from a laptop using hyperterminal. Now we want to connect to the Xenta through Internet Explorer from the laptop. We have connected the Xenta and the laptop to a D-Link EBR-2310 router to do this but the default IP address to the Xenta 192.168.255.2 cannot be found. Any ideas about how to do this would be appreciated.

Post Likes

Wink X527

Quote Originally Posted by tac_unt View Post
    We have set up a demo board complete with a Xenta 527-NPR (could be a 527 web enabled later), at PCU-7716, MCI-7793, an MRI, a VAV AX 2, an I-Stat and some other controllers for the purpose of training. We have configured the Xenta using the serial cable from a laptop using hyperterminal. Now we want to connect to the Xenta through Internet Explorer from the laptop. We have connected the Xenta and the laptop to a D-Link EBR-2310 router to do this but the default IP address to the Xenta 192.168.255.2 cannot be found. Any ideas about how to do this would be appreciated.
    Is your IP address on the computer static at 192.168.255.xxx where xxx doesn't equal 2. Can you ping the X527 after changing your IP? That usually does it for me.

Post Likes
    The laptop is set to auto detect an IP address but I will try a alternate setting of 192.168.255.xxx. I could not ping the NPR. Thanks.

Post Likes
    First check the Router to see if it set-up to for DCHP or Static IP, because the default parameter for the router are 192.168.1.xxx in the DHCP mode and that does not match your 527.
    I setup the 527 with the ip address of 192.168.1.225, that way almost all router that use the 192.168.1.xxx will be able to access the 527.
    Make sure that the 527 has the same subnet mask and gateway setup as your router also.
    The subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0 and the gateway should be 192.168.1.1.
    The IP address from the factory is what is always setup in it, you can change it thru hyperterminal the easiest.

Then after you have the ip address in place then go to Internet Explorer and type in the address of the 527 and all will be well.

Lontshooter

Post Likes
    lontshooter, worked! Thanks! I was close the other day but missing the critical bit of info. I did do it a little different. The default IP address of the router is 192.168.0.1. I setip on the Xenta to 192.168.0.225. The laptop alternate TCP/IP config was set to 192.168.0.3. Bingo! Looking at Xenta locally via IE! Also tested FTP locally!

Post Likes
    Good to hear.

Lontshooter

Post Likes
    Related issue, I now havef a Vista demonstration board set up. I start with a Loytec LIP EIA709 where I am trying to connect directly to it from a laptop using an ethernet cable. I have disabled the wireless card in the laptop and assigned the laptop an IP address of 192.168.1.253 and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and no gateway. According to the Loytec documentation I should be able to get to the configuration using a web browser, IE or Firefox for example. Not that simple apparently. If anyone has done this I would most certainly appreciate advice. Thanks!!!!!

Post Likes
    You need to try the same checks again, use the command prompt and check your config by doing an ipconfig, then if you are happy you are setup right see if you can ping the LIP.

Is it a brand new LIP, if not someone may have already changed the IP address, I think from memeory there is a reset function that will set the LIP back to defaults, you will need to check the manual to find out how to do it.

Dazza

Post Likes
    First question are you using a router or switch that your computer and the LIP are connect too, or are you connected directly to the LIP from your computer?

The default IP address for the LIP is 192.168.1.254, and you need to have a gateway of 192.168.1.1 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, along with I would use the IP adrress 192.168.1.250 in your computer settings for the IP address. That should allow you to communicate thru the web interface.

If you can not access the LIP, then you need to hyperterminal into the device and check the IP address and make sure that it is enter correctly.
    The seetings for the hyperterminal connection are 38,400 bps, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit and no handshake(I think).

If you are connection from your computer to the LIP directly from your network card to the IP port on the LIP, then you will need a crossover cable to be able to communicate that way.

If you are getting an error message from the LIP when you are triing to access the device in IE please post it.

Lontshooter

Post Likes
    lontshooter, thanks for the replay about the Loytec LIP. I kept at it and connected. Here is what I did. I had to assign a permanent static IP to the laptop as opposed to editing the alternate configuration which I setup to direct connect to a Xenta 527 in the past. The IP address of the laptop was set at 192.168.1.253 and mask 255.255.255.0. I left the gateway blank per some info I found on a web site that I wish I had kept the URL of. Using the same router as when I was direct connecting to the Xenta, i.e. the D-Link EBR-2310 (default 192.168.0.1) I was now able to connect to the LIP at 192.168.1.254 when I had my wireless card disabled. Next I have to learn NL-220.

It is good to know about using a crossover cable if I don't use the D-Link or other router. Also, I could not get my RS-232 serial cable to connect using hyperterminal but that is not necessary so long as I can TCP/IP using a web browser.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in