Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

Care 7 and E-Vision

I have just purchased a dell latitude with windows xp 2002 sp2. I have been moving my honeywell software over from my older dell. My evision was set up to not use the dongle by adding a "no security =1" line to my honeywell .ini file. The problem is that I can not find this .ini file to modify. So I can not use my evision. Am I screwed? Why can I not find this honeywell .ini is this not created on this newer version of windows? tia

Post Likes
    just copy the honeywell.ini file into the windows folder manually from your old machine to the new one.

Post Likes
    It doesn't matter about the .ini file. E-Vision will not operate on XP. You can open it, but you'll never connect. Windows 98 is your only option if you intend to continue to use it.

Post Likes
    Would it be possible to run E-Vision on an XP machine in a Windows 98 compatibility mode.
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by simux View Post
    Would it be possible to run E-Vision on an XP machine in a Windows 98 compatibility mode.
    Nope. I attempted the VM route (Vmware and Virtualbox) on XP a couple of years ago... both ran Win98SE insanely fast but without support for the PCC-10 pcmcia lon card that I knew of at the time.

I believe it could work (e-vision/win98vm/xp) if you're willing to carry around the external SLTA, and if your laptop still has a serial port.

Post Likes
    Run E-Vision on XP in standard mode with a PCMCIA card. One issue - E-Vision has a problem finding the zmpp_im.cfg file and wants to use zmpp_si.cfg instead. If you copy zmpp_im.cfg to the project folder in E-Vision (whatever site you're working on), and rename it zmpp_si.cfg, E-vision will find the file and you will get the US units of measure in your subsystem data.

Lonworks plug and play driver for the pcmcia card is set to NSIPCC for the NI application.

Haven't tried it with an external SLTA - newer computer without PCMCIA slot could be problematic.

Post Likes
    My last computer was a 2003 model dell, I believe it was running nt but I am not sure because it is broken. But I could use evision just fine with a pcmia card. No problems communicating.

Post Likes
    well i run e-vision on a d630 on XP (with care 7 etc) with pcmia card with no issues,(used it a LOT) so its possible (except the usual crap with e-vision) Previously i had dual boot with 98 on a D600 because we were told it wouldn't operate under xp.

and yeah i understan evision needs pcmia card (not sure bout serial) and this isnt supported in vmware last i checked a year ago

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    well i run e-vision on a d630 on XP (with care 7 etc) with pcmia card with no issues,(used it a LOT) so its possible (except the usual crap with e-vision) Previously i had dual boot with 98 on a D600 because we were told it wouldn't operate under xp.

and yeah i understan evision needs pcmia card (not sure bout serial) and this isnt supported in vmware last i checked a year ago

Is there a trick to get it working on XP? What xp service pack are you running?

Post Likes
    I use it on an XP machine thru VM ware. 3 yr old Dell latitude with a serial port.
    If it aint broke dont fix it!

Post Likes
    Will E-vision run on xp without using a virtual machine? if so, tell me what I need to do to accomplish this.

Post Likes
    I dont think it will run on XP. But I could be wrong
    If it aint broke dont fix it!

Post Likes
    I finally got it working. Install E-Vision in safe-mode (or disable startup items through msconfig). Bring over your ".ini" file for use with the dongle. Don't worry, you don't need the dongle, just add "nosecurity=1" to the ".ini" file immediately before the first feature code. E-Vision should now start up. E-Vision can run one of 2 network interfaces with WinXP; the SLTA-10 or the PCC-10. I tired to use the USB-10 but I just couldn't get it to work so I gave up on it. You need to install the Win 2000 driver for the PCC-10 card, do this in safe-mode as well. When you have restarted and put all of the startup items back to normal, don't forget to change the network interface type in the control panel to NSIPCC. After all of this is done, your E-Vision should run on Windows XP using a PCC-10 card as it's network interface. I have run this along with CARE 8.0 on my laptop. It works. There are sometimes issues if you use a USB-10 as well with CARE 8.0 for the Lon Bus controllers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast