Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Infraction Codes Section of Law Standard Description
    106 27-/28-/BC-MISC MISCELLANEOUS VIOLATIONS

Specific Violation Condition(s) and Remedy:
    HAZARDOUS CONDITION NOTE FIRE ESCAPE EGRESS PATHWAY HAS BE COMPROMISED BY NEWLY CONSTRUCTED GARBAGE DISPOSAL ENCLOSURE AND MOUNTING FRAME FOR A/C UNIT AT SIDE OF BLDG REMEDY: REMOVE COMPROMISED EGRESS OBSTRUCTI

Issuing Inspector ID: DOB Violation Number: 102408C01JV01
    Issued as Aggravated Level: NO

Copied from the NYC Department of Buildings (BIS) Building Information System.

The Hearing is scheduled for 05/11/2009.

Never mind the fine for the violation, the penalty for not filing in the first place is 14 times what ever the original building department fees were. So the fee for a small 3-5 ton package is about 180.00 x 14 = 2520.00 plus the 35.00 work permit fee. And the guy is going to have to take it out anyway. All I can say is some people get what they deserve.

Post Likes
    In all honesty, I don't see anything wrong with it. The business needs HVAC, where else in a place like that are you going to put it? Even if you did a split system, the condenser would have to go outside. Gotta put them some place.

if it were in a downtown somewhere in small town USA facing the storefront, I'd say it looks like crap. But in a huge a$$ city like that where everything is packed in to begin with, it really just blends in.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Now that i see the pic of the street and building from farthuer back, it does look like $hit!

I thought it was in some back alley!

Post Likes
    It can be expensive working in NYC without the proper paperwork, see attached
    NYC Building department paperwork on this job 8,000.00 penalty imposed.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/EC...cbin=34707448Z
    Last edited by Murphcoair; 06-04-2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AtticAce View Post
    Needs some graffiti to make is fit in with the beautiful neighborhood.

I think York sells one already painted up with your favorite gang slang.
    It does seem that all the grafiti tends to be on York units.

Post Likes
    I still can't get over the fact that someone built an air-conditioning in the way of a fire-escape. (That's the kind of screw-up that strikes you between the eyes.)
    If the shop-owner did not know better, then the landlord (GROBIRM REALTY) should have. And, if the landlord didn't, then the installer should have known better. And all of them should have known about building permits.

I have trouble imagining that people are this stupid. Perhaps I should stretch my imagination more.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJoe View Post
    I still can't get over the fact that someone built an air-conditioning in the way of a fire-escape. (That's the kind of screw-up that strikes you between the eyes.)
    If the shop-owner did not know better, then the landlord (GROBIRM REALTY) should have. And, if the landlord didn't, then the installer should have known better. And all of them should have known about building permits.
    They're thinking more in terms of utility rather than absolutes here. # of times a building experiences a fire over a 100 year period: 1-2 times, thus you only need the fire escape for 1-2 days out of 36500 days. You need air con about 5 months a year, thus 15000 days. Easy.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by daalex View Post
    Proud!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE don't troll posts that are 10 YEARS OLD!!!!!
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12