Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Understand But

Post Likes
    As always you guys make me glad I posted. I have always become irritated when getting these calls and never considered getting even with them for wasting my time. I now have all the time needed to drive them crazy.
    Speaking of free time if any of you want to talk on the phone PM me and I'll give you my number. I have talked to some of you already and love it. I won't call you unless you tell me to because I know you are a lot busier than me.
    I haven't talked to you Artrose but would like to. I think we have more in common than you might think. I have had a lot of fights with knuckleheads.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    This guy is good. He makes a living messing with telemarketers.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

3. Likes chesehd, R600a, BBeerme liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    This guy is good. He makes a living messing with telemarketers.
    This may be old but it's still gold.

Post Likes
    I just raise my voice and say “I WON’T CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR TERRORIST ORGANIZATION! I DON’T SUPPORT THE BOMBING OF AMERICAN INSTITUTIONS!”

They don’t stay on the line after that.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Site member map HERE!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Artrose View Post
    I used to play with them and try to waste their time. Then I memorized a little ditty that made me sound like a recording..... funny when they buy in and start punching numbers.....but I just don't have the time to screw with them anymore. So....

It might sound a little assinine, but it's got so bad that I do not answer the phone. The only time I might field one of these calls is if I expect a very important call.

The rest of the time I send every call to the call screener.

People know, if they're not in my phone, and it's important to speak with me, they text me first, then we can speak on the phone if necessary.
    I've been spammed with my own cell phone number.. twice..yes the incoming call was my own number

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

7. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lions_lair View Post
    I've been spammed with my own cell phone number.. twice..yes the incoming call was my own number

That reminds me of another I have done.

They call with a local number and I ask where they are located. They say wherever and I say I don’t do business with fraudulent companies. They try to explain why they are not fraudulent and I ask them why they are hiding who the really are. If they wanted to be honest their name and number would show up on caller ID.

Post Likes
    I get calls all the time for having solar installed.

Or changing energy providers.

Everyone assumes your sitting at a desk with an old bill at the ready.

They always ask “do you have a copy of a recent electric bill?”

Then ask how much I paid last month

I usually say 20 bucks

“How is that possible? Do you have solar already?”

“No.”

“How do you pay so little?”

“I bypassed the electric meter years ago, they haven’t figured it out yet”

Then they usually hang up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I knew a woman that would get obscene calls back in the dial up days. The guy would start bragging about his anatomy or what he hoped it was.
    About the 3rd or 4th time she had enough. She got a tape cassette of a fundamental preacher and when the guy called he got the recording.
    Did it once and never got another call.
    All you sinners, REPENT!!
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

11. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Try my approach:

"I can't afford it - I don't have Any money."

"I'd like to but my mommy caught me effing the dog again so she cut off my allowance."

"I think you charity guys (or girls) are really hot. Do you really all work there naked? Say; can you send me a picture of your teats?"

It used to be fun sometimes but they never call me any more. <g>

It wasn't a charity that called recently - it was to buy some kind of insurance - but I just started reciting poetry to him. It was Horiatius At The Gate:

Then out spoke Brave Horatius; captain of the gate: To every man of woman borne; Death comes soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his father, and the temples of his Gods. So hew down the bridge, Sir Consul, with all the speed ye may. For I with but two beside me will hold the foe in play. On yon narrow span ten thousand men may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand? And keep the bridge with me?

I do that with bad phone connections too. I got so damned sick of saying: Can you hear me now? over and over 100 times. Now I recite classical poetry until they come back or the call ends. I enjoy it much more. <g>

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    One of my main irritations is when I get a phone call from someone wanting money for a "charity". No matter how you tell them no there response is "I understand but". I told one guy if I donate the money you want I will miss several meals. Believe it or not he responded with I understand but. I told him you either don't understand of don't give a damn if I starve as long as you get paid for getting my money.
    How do you guys respond to this other than hanging up immediately as I usually do?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of Thinking

13. Likes hvacker liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I do not ever block calls - it doesn't work as they just immediately switch to a new caller ID number and call back.

Instead I save them all as a Contact in my phone. I don't know anyone whose name starts with I - so I make the name of all of them: Idiot. I have hundreds of them at this point. And I always know it's them when they call. <g>

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by lions_lair View Post
    My newest one is, Hi This is Jason with energy advocates. 3-4 times a day. I block the new number everytime..

PHM
    --------

15. Likes safebustr, heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Ask them what they are wearing.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    ask where i can apply for money because im poor

Post Likes
    Remember the fax machine? And unwanted faxes? I was told of a guy that when receiving them would send a completely
    black piece of paper to the sender so their machine would soak up ink.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

19. Likes R600a, heatingman, Turtleman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Remember the fax machine? And unwanted faxes? I was told of a guy that when receiving them would send a completely
    I will have to keep that in mind if I get a fax machine waking me up in the morning again.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I used to get a lot of unwanted advertisements by fax. So if we didn't notice our machine's paper was empty critical faxes didn't get through - change orders, specs changes, etc.

I never thought of the black page but after a few construction bid surprises I typed something like: PLEASE STOP SENDING ME CRAP, PLEASE STOP SENDING ME CRAP, PLEASE STOP SENDING ME CRAP, over and over - a page full - and then made two copies of the first page.

Then after their closing time I would tape the pages together to form a continuous loop though the page-feed slot. Then I'd dial their number and hit send. It would keep sending all night. I figured they could see the no paper / no ink problem first hand for themselves when they got there in the morning.

As I recall; that pretty well stopped it.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    PHM
    --------

22. Likes BBeerme, BALloyd, heatingman, BadDaddy420 liked this post.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12