+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ice machine problem

Post Likes

Ice machine problem

Kml-500mal
    Ice dropping but getting stuck .cousing to accumulate to a big iceberg and cycle start again

Post Likes
    Have you gone thru the Hoshizaki freeze up sheet?

Post Likes
    *shifts the trajectory of human existence away from said ice machine”

With the state of the world, I think we would steer clear of anything that mentions “iceberg”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't fix it if it won't stay broke..

Post Likes
    Consider not all ice drops and laves the plate cleanly. It only takes 1 strip / section to stay during a harvest or partially detach , to cause a freeze up . There freeze up sheet is a start , look carefully at evap condition , plate separation or evap curve happening . Check carefully water flow and make sure the machine is CLEAN . When ice leaves the plate it drops on to the plastic deflector grid, is it placed correctly, any sections cracked off.

Post Likes
    After checking all other possibilities you may want to extend the harvest cycle. In winter conditions sometimes the incoming water temperature may not provide enough heat to assist properly in the harvest cycle.

6. Likes COOLJIM liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLJIM View Post
    Consider not all ice drops and laves the plate cleanly. It only takes 1 strip / section to stay during a harvest or partially detach , to cause a freeze up . There freeze up sheet is a start , look carefully at evap condition , plate separation or evap curve happening . Check carefully water flow and make sure the machine is CLEAN . When ice leaves the plate it drops on to the plastic deflector grid, is it placed correctly, any sections cracked off.
    Machine is fully clean When ice leaves the plate it drops on to the plastic deflector grid and one piece gets stuck the ice cycle start again with the piece left there there are no broken pieces on the deflector. Now a friend was telling me it needs refrigerate because the hot gas needs to drop the ice .not the water ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopez686joel View Post
    Machine is fully clean When ice leaves the plate it drops on to the plastic deflector grid and one piece gets stuck the ice cycle start again with the piece left there there are no broken pieces on the deflector. Now a friend was telling me it needs refrigerate because the hot gas needs to drop the ice .not the water ?
    Follow there Freeze Up Sheets!

Post Likes
    If the freeze up sheet doesnt help ... you can move the Dip Switches to make it harvest longer

Post Likes
    Sounds to me like it might be to thick if a complete roll is not breaking up at the deflector.

Post Likes
    Have you tried shaking it

Post Likes
    Or slapping it like an old TV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't fix it if it won't stay broke..

13. Likes Restaurant Mech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Make sure the cube guide isn't warped in any direction, especially along the lower edge closer to the drop zone. Place it on a flat surface and visually check that it is flat in every direction along the lower edge. If it bowed even just a little, it can hang up a few cubes, and that is all it takes to start a back up of ice. It will generally be worse in winter when incoming water temps can be lower.

Post Likes
    I would clean the machine, then max out the harvest timer. Also make sure water inlet flow is at the correct GPM during harvest. Check for serpentine separation

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in