Thread: Trane XR90 (horizontal): dripping water from under furnace

Post Likes

Question Trane XR90 (horizontal): dripping water from under furnace

Hi HVAC Pro community,

(We bought our first property in the united states a year ago. I never owned any kind of HVAC before so I'm sorry in advance if my questions are silly)

We got an 11 year old Trane XR90 furnace in our crawlspace and it's dripping water from under it. The furnace is of "horizontal" type.
    I thought this maybe an inducer cracked somewhere but it looks like the water is coming not from the inducer but below it, somewhere behind the metal panel the inducer attached to.

All condensation water lines are clean and not clogged. Also I replaced the condensation trap just in case (yeah a bit silly but i though it might clog somehow inside)

I captured a video showing where water is dripping from and made some pics but I can't even show them here because I need to have minimum 7 posts to be able to add inks to my posts
    if admins allowed me I'd add two links: to my video (can be found by "v=8SnB3I5FCes" code in youtube) and to couple pics in google photo.

I just hope that somebody on this forum may have a clue about what's wrong with our furnace ?
    I'd appreciate any advise.

Thank you

P.S.
    I called three different services (two of them last winter and one just couple weeks ago). Unfortunately neither of them managed to identify and solve the issue

Post Likes
    Site rules prohibit giving advice for DIY.
    My sig has two links to locate good contractors.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    Thank you for responding.
    an Update: I called the same service who checked my furnace last time. They sent one of their technicians this morning and he told me this is likely a second heat exchanger issue they can't fix and the entire HVAC is better to be replaced. Their ETA is around $10k for the entire HVAC. I decided to wait for when it stops working completely since I got a home warranty which presumable should pay at least $3k for the replacement should it required. So I just wait for when we're out of heat completely and i'll keep "crawling" into our crawlspace once a week to remove water from an improvised tray.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in