+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HVAC SOFTWARE TO RUN BUSINESS

Post Likes

Cool HVAC SOFTWARE TO RUN BUSINESS

Looking for an on premise solution for HVAC business software, We are using Wintac and are looking to move on from it as it was sold again and will be retired. Sooo on premise solution ideas?

Post Likes
    Give ESC a try... now called Field Edge.

Have been with them since 2005. You can use their accounting software or integrate into others such as QuickBooks.

https://fieldedge.com/

Post Likes
    We use Jobber. Getjobber.com i think. It’s not very expensive, easy to use and does what we need it to do. It is a good option for small to medium size companies

Post Likes
    It all depends on what you want to accomplish. For quotes and invoicing I started out with a free cloud service from NCH software called express invoice. It’s a great startup software with cloud backup. Biggest problem is it’s only free to companies with fewer than 5 employees and it does not do accounting or separate your expenses from your profits. You can take a step wonton express accounts and it will integrate and do most everything you need. If you want to schedule maintenances and have reminders sent to you on scheduled services, if your secretary isn’t doing their job, don’t use one and find a good programmer to customize one for you. Pros- you get everything you want and you can cut your payroll to cover the cost of set up. Cons- you may have to answer all the calls and do the scheduling. Of course you can always hire a dispatcher and/or 3rd party answering service.

5. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I'm in the same boat. I'm looking for something like Wintac but less buggy (and more reliable). The office personel cringe whenever we see "update available".

Post Likes
    House call pro

or if you have more than to techs and want something real nice and expensive service titan. Service titan tends to integrate with a lot of software.

8. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    We are in the same boat, Looking for a replacement for Wintac.
    Commercial mechanical contractor with 20 field and 6 office people.
    Choking at the cost to run Service Titan, Fieldedge, Davisware, Aptora, all want $30k to get running and $130 per user, per month. And they have features we don't use like flat-rate pricing, salespersons, mobile payments.
    We paid and started using Razorsync but it is residential specific and there are only 2 user levels.
    Any others?
    THX Matt

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by calloushands View Post
    Choking at the cost to run Service Titan, Fieldedge, Davisware, Aptora, all want $30k to get running and $130 per user, per month. And they have features we don't use like flat-rate pricing, salespersons, mobile payments.
    We paid and started using Razorsync but it is residential specific and there are only 2 user levels.
    Any others?
    THX Matt
    Hey Matt

The price is high for sure but I would like to qualify these costs to reality. I purchased ESC (now Fieldedge) back in 2005. It payed for itself in real-time savings before the end of 2006. It fixed so many holes in my company. I didn't know what I didn't know until I saw it being fixed automatically.

Which ever you choose, all the best to you.

-D

11. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Look into Service Titan and Successware

Post Likes
    Housecall Pro . The only software you will need for HVAC.

14. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by calloushands View Post
    Any others?
    THX Matt
    We're using Wintac as well, and getting ready to switch over to Fieldedge. I understand that because the same company runs it, the transition is much smoother. We tried Service Titan and it was a disaster, so we kept Wintac.
    I'm slowly trying to set up the service tech side of the software for work orders, and so far it seems pretty good.

Post Likes
    does anybody know who might have the knowledge to repair wintac so i can change to fieldedge?

Post Likes
    Can’t Fieldedge do that for you?

Post Likes
    They can't

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Can’t Fieldedge do that for you?
    Thought you were retired? 😇

Post Likes

21. Likes STEVEusaPA liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Oops. My bad
    The ithch never goes away, it just happens less and less.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    "This Story Is True, Only The Facts Were Changed"

"It's Not Black vs White, Left vs Right, Mask vs No Mask! Its Us vs Them! Stop Letting Them Divide Us And Take Our Control!"

"Is This Your Opinion Or Experience?"

Post Likes
    Give ESC a try... now called Field Edge.

Have been with them since 2005. You can use their accounting software or integrate into others such as QuickBooks.

https://fieldedge.com/
    We currently use Field Edge for our Service Techs and QuickBooks for our Installers. QuickBooks works great, it's just our installers are much too stubborn to adapt to the technology. So I get stuck holding their hands in teaching them how to use the app. Field Edge, on the other hand, is a complete nightmare. I feel as if we aren't utilizing the software at even 25% of its full capabilities. Would you happen to know of any links or guides that would be helpful for me to try and start to sort out the utter mess it has become between our techs and the office staff? It has become extremely unorganized and is becoming more and more of a headache for everyone involved. (Although I have a gut feeling it may be as simple as our techs not wanting to spend the extra minute or so entering the correct information under the correct fields)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobski View Post
    We currently use Field Edge for our Service Techs and QuickBooks for our Installers. QuickBooks works great, it's just our installers are much too stubborn to adapt to the technology. So I get stuck holding their hands in teaching them how to use the app. Field Edge, on the other hand, is a complete nightmare. I feel as if we aren't utilizing the software at even 25% of its full capabilities. Would you happen to know of any links or guides that would be helpful for me to try and start to sort out the utter mess it has become between our techs and the office staff? It has become extremely unorganized and is becoming more and more of a headache for everyone involved. (Although I have a gut feeling it may be as simple as our techs not wanting to spend the extra minute or so entering the correct information under the correct fields)
    I'm retired now and have sold my business but in 2005 we went with ESC which is now Field Edge. They wanted us to upgrade but I said no and happy that I didn't have to go through the training issues.

A year after my techs started using ESC I asked if they wanted to revert to paper... I got all resounding NO's.

You may need to get into one of their training classes in Ft. Meyer. That should help you help your guys.

-W

Post Likes
    Howdy! Just checked out all your previous comments. Pretty darn interesting stuff! Anyone got the lowdown on some budget-friendly software that's just perfect for a team of 5? If there's a tool where I can pick and choose the features I need and pay for those – that would be absolutely amazing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in