Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: My House Network

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    6,035
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by mofotech View Post
    Where's your firewall system for your internet connection? I got PFsense software on a server pc.
    Firewall is built into the UDM.

    I can make custom rules on the WAN, LAN, and Guest just like the PFsense


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    6,035
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter

    My House Network



    Added a UPS and Synology ds920+ for a PLEX media server

    Added
    2- 250gb cache cards
    4 - wd red plus 12tb drives


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Oklahoma home its in the name
    Posts
    4,876
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post


    Added a UPS and Synology ds920+ for a PLEX media server

    Added
    2- 250gb cache cards
    4 - wd red plus 12tb drives


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What is the english translation of that? (Preferably redneck english.)

    Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    6,035
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    The black box holds movies and tv shows

    I can watch them from my tv or phone when away from the house

    The UPS will turn on if the house power is lost and keep the black box alive and have it shutdown until house power comes back


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Oklahoma home its in the name
    Posts
    4,876
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    The black box holds movies and tv shows

    I can watch them from my tv or phone when away from the house

    The UPS will turn on if the house power is lost and keep the black box alive and have it shutdown until house power comes back


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh wow that's really cool.

    Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    6,035
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Oh wow that's really cool.

    Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk


    You can use the phone app and watch on your phone. You can use the phone app to stream to a tv.

    Or you can use a streaming device on a tv to download the app onto a tv and browse from tv and watch.

    I have my movies and tv shows on there.

    You can also signup for plex and watch live tv, shows, and movies that plex offers. Kind of like HBO


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Red Wing, MN
    Posts
    2,106
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post


    You can use the phone app and watch on your phone. You can use the phone app to stream to a tv.

    Or you can use a streaming device on a tv to download the app onto a tv and browse from tv and watch.

    I have my movies and tv shows on there.

    You can also signup for plex and watch live tv, shows, and movies that plex offers. Kind of like HBO


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just upgraded my wifi router. My previous network name was FBI Surv Van. My new network name is FBI Surv Van 2.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    6,035
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by doc havoc View Post
    I just upgraded my wifi router. My previous network name was FBI Surv Van. My new network name is FBI Surv Van 2.
    Nice!

    I have 3 networks with firewalls in between

    Private network - FBI VAN
    IoT/smart device network - Biden Laptop
    Guest network - IP Freely


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Likes heatingman liked this post.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •