Thread: Looking for a companion

Post Likes

Looking for a companion

Kinda click baitey lol. Wanting to get a brick meter to go along with my 902. Thinking 116,117 or maybe the Klein mm700,something along those lines. Mostly residential work I know several guys here have a 902 as well so what are you guys using along with it or what would be a good companion. Thanks

Post Likes
    I do like that the 117 can measure amps (10a) as can the Klein mm700 but the 116 cannot. I donít care about the non contact voltage feature on the 117. I do like the 116 being able to check micro amps for flame sensors even though my 902 does that as well.

Post Likes
    Just ran across the amprobe AM-570 industrial meter and all the stuff it will do is impressive, especially for the price. Anyone use or know of anybody that has used the amprobe dmm line of meters. It looks to be a good value to be a secondary meter to go along with a good clamp meter like the 902.

Post Likes
    I cant believe you haven't got a reply after 8 hours.
    That amprobe looks nice for the price. If you try it and like it let me know so i can get one.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Give us a little more info, what is you primary job? Residential, commercial, refrigeration. This can help with recommendations.
    "He who knows the least, knows it the loudest"
    I'm not young enough, to know everything...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldude View Post
    Give us a little more info, what is you primary job? Residential, commercial, refrigeration. This can help with recommendations.
    Mostly residential like in the original post. Iím sure someday Iíll make the jump to more commercial but donít see that happening within the next 4-5 years.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    I cant believe you haven't got a reply after 8 hours.
    That amprobe looks nice for the price. If you try it and like it let me know so i can get one.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    I think some people are hesitant with meter threads because sooo many people just ask what is the best meter. Then it seems like they turn into a crap show like my brand is better than your brand or your not a real tech if you donít use x brand,blah blah blah. I would like to see more people give specific reasons on their recommendations. Just for example. I like my 902 because it seems to be very accurate, the screen seems to be easy to see even at fairly hard angles, battery last for a long time and Iíve dropped it multiple times and still works fine so I think itís a pretty tough meter. Capacitance reads quick and doesnít vary up or down or take time to settle into the reading. Some dislikes is I wish I could decide when I want the backlight to go off or at least stay on longer, I would like a higher ohms scale and the jaws on the clamp at times are a little on the big side to fit easily in certain places. Those are the kinda of observations that I think help people the most when they are trying to decide on things. Far too often people ask about letís just say the 902 since thatís what I used in previous scenario, somebody might say fluke is pos,over rated and over priced or something to that effect without giving the person asking about said product anything constructive to help them back a decision or weigh the options. Sorry for the rant, first call This morning turned into disaster with customer being unreasonable and got me frustrated lol. Iím better now.

Post Likes
    I think the fluke 116 is a good basic meter, ac/dc micro, and capacitance.
    "He who knows the least, knows it the loudest"
    I'm not young enough, to know everything...