+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Niagara AX Stations Auto Start Problem

Post Likes

Confused Niagara AX Stations Auto Start Problem

Hi,

I have a problem with AX Station autostart. When I restart the computer, 3-4 out of 10 stations start up. Is there any limit I don't know? When I say "View Daemon Output", it says "Exited with status 0" against the idle stations. I await your help, thanks for your answers.

Post Likes
    is there anyone who can help??

Post Likes
    I'm not familiar with that Daemeon output but the question is why are you trying to run all of those stations at once in the 1st place? Normally on your workbench computer you would have the local stations stored on your machine with Autostart unchecked and only run 1 station at a time when you are building a station.

With multiple stations running you can have all sorts of conflicts such as BACNet IDs and other driver conflicts.

4. Likes ozn505 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by t-reck View Post
    I'm not familiar with that Daemeon output but the question is why are you trying to run all of those stations at once in the 1st place? Normally on your workbench computer you would have the local stations stored on your machine with Autostart unchecked and only run 1 station at a time when you are building a station.

With multiple stations running you can have all sorts of conflicts such as BACNet IDs and other driver conflicts.
    First of all, thank you for your answer.
    So, according to you, it is healthy to run only 1 station in ax on 1 computer. You say more than one station causes problems on the same computer. I think when 10 stations start at computer startup, the cpu becomes 100%, so most of them cannot be started. Because in all of them the situation is "started" and later on some of them it becomes "Idle". We often run multiple stations in lighting automation. When there are more than one station, all of them should work when the computer restarts. I think it's related to CPU or RAM. Actually, if I could delay auto-start between them all would be able to start properly. I am a little newbie so I need help with this.

Post Likes
    I didn't even know if it was possible to do that. Each station grabs some TCP/IP ports to listen to I believe so all that would need to be sorted out with no duplicates or things like port in use situation would happen.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    I didn't even know if it was possible to do that. Each station grabs some TCP/IP ports to listen to I believe so all that would need to be sorted out with no duplicates or things like port in use situation would happen.
    Excuse me, I don't fully understand what you mean. Are you talking about running multiple stations on one computer? We give each station a separate http port and fox port and run many stations.

Post Likes
    By the way I forgot to mention that I run stations locally. Locally installed stations. In our system, stations are operated from the local computer. But if there are 14 stations, 4-5 of them do not start automatically on the computer.

Post Likes
    Why are you running 14 stations?

10. Likes MaxBurn liked this post.
    Post Likes
    13 is an unlucky number and a dozen wasn't enough, lol.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

12. Likes yorkisn liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yep, that checks out!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ozn505 View Post
    Excuse me, I don't fully understand what you mean. Are you talking about running multiple stations on one computer? We give each station a separate http port and fox port and run many stations.
    You can increase the memory available for workbench. Tell us your reason for running so many stations and I’ll explain how.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I have had experience placing the Niagara service to a delayed start. It allows the normal computer stuff to finish happening, close out of RAM, and free up resources before Niagarad tries to make an entry. That might help you a little. If the startup for Niagara is quicker, you might get more of your stations to start.
    I knew it was possible to run more than one station at once by modifying the port assignments. But I have never heard of anyone doing it... much less running not just 2 stations, but 14! I am having a hard time imagining why that would be necessary - which makes me super curious. I sure hope you enlighten us with what is going on that requires 14 stations
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    service to a delayed start. It allows the normal computer stuff to finish happening, close out of RAM, and free up resources before
    I take issue with windows here, if I have to do things to get out of it's way before it has time to do the things that are it's reason for existence, that might be a problem. Windows isn't a server os. Should you agree more comments and discussion here would be helpful.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    I take issue with windows here, if I have to do things to get out of it's way before it has time to do the things that are it's reason for existence, that might be a problem. Windows isn't a server os. Should you agree more comments and discussion here would be helpful.
    The time I did this was when the computer being used was inadequate. So I needed to make Niagara wait for Windows, because the PC effectively locked up for around 3-5 minutes at startup - he was just taxed for resources to do his thing. The Niagarad service had enough wits to get into the queue, but the timer on the service would expire before windows actually started it. So on a reboot, usually Niagara would not start.
    So I had it do a delayed start with retries after so many minutes to ensure enough time had elapsed before the service would try again.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    The time I did this was when the computer being used was inadequate. So I needed to make Niagara wait for Windows, because the PC effectively locked up for around 3-5 minutes at startup - he was just taxed for resources to do his thing. The Niagarad service had enough wits to get into the queue, but the timer on the service would expire before windows actually started it. So on a reboot, usually Niagara would not start.
    So I had it do a delayed start with retries after so many minutes to ensure enough time had elapsed before the service would try again.
    That's actually my point, it was inadequate for windows, not niagara, the thing it exists for.

Anyway I'm still baffled why you would need so many stations on one host. Is this some sort of licensing workaround for a hosting environment?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in