+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 134a adapter to use auto a/c bottle to refrigeration equip

Post Likes

134a adapter to use auto a/c bottle to refrigeration equip

Need a link to a adapter to use a bottle of 134a for auto a/c so I can use that Freon in a refrigeration system
    Let's give nukes a chance.

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    https://www.amazon.com/Self-Sealing-...vent%20leaking.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Pretty sure it’s 3/8 acme to1/4 flare uri or baker should have them
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crazzycajun View Post
    Pretty sure it’s 3/8 acme to1/4 flare uri or baker should have them
    I was thinking he was talking about 14 oz cans. At my supply house half of the 134a jugs have an adapter to make them fit quarter inch flare and the other half are just naturally quarter inch flare so if you pick one with an adapter you can use it on either automotive hoses or refrigeration hoses. And if it doesn't come with an adapter several of my supply houses carry them.

I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

Post Likes
    I bought a few 30lbers from Sids that were labeled for "Auto" and my hoses would not fit onto the tank, after a WTH phone call to Sids they gave me a 1/4FSAE by 1/4 MSAE adapter and I was off an running. The Auto tank has a greater distance between the male flare surface and the beginning of the threads for the hoses.

Post Likes
    Those ACME fittings are interesting. I feel like there is superior design to the standard flare that we use for being disconnected over and over because the o-ring actually a seals around that section between the threads and the end of the fitting instead of being smashed against the face of it like on a flare.
    It also helps me resist the urge to over tighten because when you tighten it you feel that solid metal on metal contact instead of a nice squishy rubber feeling. unfortunately I think the quarter inch flare is too entrenched in our industry to ever be able to change.

Post Likes
    The confusing thing is the acme fitting that looks like quarter inch is called half inch. I think they measure the outside diameter of the front of the fitting instead of the inside diameter of the tubing that it goes on.

Post Likes
    What would be nice is if the fittings under the hood were 1/4 flare instead of those quick connects. The quick connects are nice when they work and when they are easily accessible but otherwise they can be a pain.
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

9. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    What would be nice is if the fittings under the hood were 1/4 flare instead of those quick connects. The quick connects are nice when they work and when they are easily accessible but otherwise they can be a pain.
    Yeah I have been burned plenty from having to jam my hand down between a transverse engine exhaust manifold and the radiator to press down on the service quick connect fitting to get the refrigerant to flow while somebody else charged it. It isn't fun.

11. Likes crazzycajun liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in