+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beef Rib Roast

Post Likes
    If it's not too late, My Vote is to leave the bone on they add flavor, your roast the bones have been cut off and tied back on. I did one Wednesday night and turned out perfect, just me and wife so we had more than 3/4 left. I'm making a small turkey for today but will reheat some of the roast to go with it. Merry Christmas guys

Post Likes
    Yeah, yesterday I went to pull the membrane off, and I saw six bones. Stumped me. Then I realized the butcher had it already prepped, exactly as you mentioned. Which then made me realize that is where some of the inflated price came from, the butcher's time to professionally prep the roast.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    If it's not too late, My Vote is to leave the bone on they add flavor, your roast the bones have been cut off and tied back on. I did one Wednesday night and turned out perfect, just me and wife so we had more than 3/4 left. I'm making a small turkey for today but will reheat some of the roast to go with it. Merry Christmas guys
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

3. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Done. Looks yummy!

Name:  20201225_141624[1].jpg
Views: 5444
Size:  3.15 MB

5. Likes R600a, Red Man, Scoobie liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Looks great! Based on how the outside looks, I’m assuming you kept the grill temp really low? Tell us about your method. Let’s see some sliced pics!

7. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Name:  20201225_154129.jpg
Views: 5392
Size:  2.74 MB

Name:  20201225_154112.jpg
Views: 5503
Size:  2.66 MB

Tiny bit over cooked, but everyone is loving it!

I will send recipe when I get home.

9. Likes Red Man liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Nice, looks delicious! The whole thing isn’t over cooked at least. I’m sure some people wanted the more well done slices. Was this on a Weber charcoal grill? If so, 4” above the grate can easily be 50 degrees hotter than grate level. I like to turn over halfway through to compensate for this. Also, the bones are a major heat sink, so the part next to the bones will be the lowest temp instead of the center of the roast. That’s just some constructive criticism from a grilling geek though, your roast looks outstanding, especially for a first attempt.

11. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yeah, temp control takes work and experience. Plus, couldn't get my briquettes of choice, the ones I used burn a lot hotter than I'm used to. Everyone loved it, and went back for seconds. Here's a shot of once we got to the center cuts, this is nearly as perfect as it gets, especially from a simple Webber and using briquettes! Not bad for a rookie, huh?

Name:  20201225_163428[1].jpg
Views: 5386
Size:  2.89 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Red Man View Post
    Nice, looks delicious! The whole thing isn’t over cooked at least. I’m sure some people wanted the more well done slices. Was this on a Weber charcoal grill? If so, 4” above the grate can easily be 50 degrees hotter than grate level. I like to turn over halfway through to compensate for this. Also, the bones are a major heat sink, so the part next to the bones will be the lowest temp instead of the center of the roast. That’s just some constructive criticism from a grilling geek though, your roast looks outstanding, especially for a first attempt.

13. Likes R600a, Red Man, Scoobie liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Here's something interesting . . . That first photo in post #25 was shot using the flash. And the flash washes out a lot of the red. The meat was a lot more red than the photo shows.

I was shooting for a grill temp of 225*F, and internal temp of 135*F. Internal temp ended up a bit higher at 137-138. Here are the notes I made before hand, what I was aiming for, Notes in blue made tonight after dinner:

Name:  20201225_190431.jpg
Views: 5291
Size:  838.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Red Man View Post
    Looks great! Based on how the outside looks, I’m assuming you kept the grill temp really low? Tell us about your method. Let’s see some sliced pics!

15. Likes Red Man liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Here’s a few pics of my prime rib from tonight. Cooked on my Weber charcoal grill with one small chunk of pecan wood.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

17. Likes BBeerme, Scoobie liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    You-all are making me hungry.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    You done good!
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

20. Likes R600a, BBeerme liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in