+ Reply to Thread

Thread: York YT - VSD - logic board power supply alarm

Post Likes

York YT - VSD - logic board power supply alarm

Hello everyone! I am knew to the forum so I hope this ok and the right spot! I am mostly familiar with only working on Trane CTVs. And I have a York at one of the sites i work at that is giving me issues. And I was hoping to get some help from you pros!

It all started a couple months ago with all kinds of alarms. Vsd 105% motor over current, phase c gate driver faults, motor controller, single phase input power, vsd logic board power supply, vsd serial communications. (All alarms happened while the chiller was not running.)

It’s a York YT with an optiview panel and 351 vsd.(obviously due to the alarm &#128517

After reading the operations manual several times, at the beginning it led me to believe the vsd logic board was bad throwing out random faults and I also did the trouble shooting that the manual suggests. So I changed the vsd logic board.

After that all my gate driver faults, overtures the alarms etc, went away. But the vsd - logic board power supply came back. So did the trouble shooting that it recommended. I checked the 480v-120v transformer and the 120-24v transformer that feeds the vsd logic board, it was feeding 28 vac. The leds on my vsd logic board are lit up.

One weird thing that is happening is that the k1 Enbl led on the vsd logic board is constantly going in and out and you can hear the relay opening and closing. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with the alarm I am getting or not.

I would greatly appreciate some help! Thank you guys so much! And I look forward to getting to know some of y’all better.

Post Likes
    New* to the forum. Wow can’t believe I did that.

Post Likes
    you might hit up a mod to move this the "OPEN CHILLERS FORUM"

You'll get some help there pretty quick.

Post Likes
    Thank you for the help, not sure how to message a mod though?

Post Likes
    Press the triangle near the dislike post. And ask to move the to the open chiller forum.
    I'm not young enough, to know everything...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in