+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Embedding Rumble videos

Post Likes

Embedding Rumble videos

There seems to be no way to embed Rumble videos (competes with youtube and doesn't censor content) using the 'Insert Video' icon. Is there a way this can be done? I've tried using the video url, the java script link and the iframe link just to cover the bases, but no joy.

Post Likes

3. Likes vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I sent a note off to IT to ask them if the Video attachment icon is only for YouTube. I can't attach a Rumble video either. It could be the Rumble format.

Post Likes
    I appreciate your effort, Dad. The Video attachment dialog mentions several supported formats, but of course doesn't mention Rumble. Too new, I would guess. I'll be interested to see if they (Rob?) have some sort of workaround.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I appreciate your effort, Dad. The Video attachment dialog mentions several supported formats, but of course doesn't mention Rumble. Too new, I would guess. I'll be interested to see if they (Rob?) have some sort of workaround.
    The site will most likely not be able to support newer formats. At the bottom it says they are running vBulletin® Version 4.2.5.

vBulletin 5 was released in 2012 so this is a pretty old version.

If i recall correctly they basically had to roll back the last time they tried to upgrade.
    Who’s to blame?... if you’re looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn’t be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. V for Vendetta

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    The site will most likely not be able to support newer formats. At the bottom it says they are running vBulletin® Version 4.2.5.

vBulletin 5 was released in 2012 so this is a pretty old version.

If i recall correctly they basically had to roll back the last time they tried to upgrade.
    Right on all counts. Still, IT may know of a way. I hope.

V5 wasn't working out so well, which is why it was rolled back.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Right on all counts. Still, IT may know of a way. I hope.

V5 wasn't working out so well, which is why it was rolled back.
    Yeah looks like they want most to use their cloud service. Sorta like what microsoft is doing with 0365.
    Who’s to blame?... if you’re looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn’t be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. V for Vendetta

Post Likes
    https://rumble.com/vf0bsd-harper-get...a5xyd&mc=dmkj8

https://rumble.com/embed/vce5m9/?pub=a5xyd

No joy..just links for me as well
    Sent from my SM-A115U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Missouri Guy; 03-26-2021 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Test

Post Likes

Post Likes
    We might have to live with this. Apparently, we are stuck with this older version of V-Bulletin, and Rumble is a newer format.

12. Likes vin lashon, Missouri Guy liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in