Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AC/R brazing rework (just rework)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    I would volunteer to do this for you as I had a Secret Clearance while in the US NAVY. But being required to wear BLINDERS to unsee this job is where I draw the line!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But I think you also use the saltwater as a flux cleaner and hotter flame! So that’s not really fair now is it? lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Think I mentioned this on here once before . . .

The HR company they hire sends out these ridiculous forms to sign. One was one that said we would not bring or use our personal smarty phones on the job. Of course I signed it. But totally ignored it. Couldn't stand it any more, had to tell the owner.

I was on one phone, and looking at the other to give my boss dude the info he was asking about, and near the end of the call reminded him of the form that was sent out. He was like, yeah, what of it? I told him I use my personal phone all the time. He was silent. I continued . . .

Yeah, I'm using it right now. I often use both phones at the same time. How else could I give you the info you are asking about? I'm not some youngster that can do everything on one phone all at the same time. I didn't go on to tell him the company phone can barely make it through a day when I'm doing PM's, and it would cost him a lot of money for me to charge the work phone at the same time I'm trying to get stuff done on it.

Gawd I hate HR people.
    HR's real job is protect the company from lawsuits.
    Alot of employees get it confused and think HR is your advocate for justice. "I'll report you to HR".
    That's what they claim they are for. But they aren't. Having it allows them to claim they have an HR department so they can claim they have a system in place.
    Which is why most HR people are ineffective people, or fail at doing what an employee thinks they are supposed to do.

Ever wonder why most HR reps are women?
    It's because it's hard to prove sexual harassment being overlooked by HR if the rep is a woman.

The reason would be that if you were accused of taking voyerist pictures on a job, they would have access to you phone.

If your not supposed to have your personal, and you do, and refuse to hand it over, they can fire you, and Dodge a lawsuit, hopefully.

I've never owned a personal cell phone, so hard for me to say about having 2.

Post Likes
    As far as rebrazing, gonna depend on how clean the joint is.

Nice and clean, slap some filler on it, use similar filler material.

Dirty, pull the joint.

Simply heating it to move the filler around rarely works, at least for me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited1 View Post
    But I think you also use the saltwater as a flux cleaner and hotter flame! So that’s not really fair now is it? lol
    YES,lol.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    HR's real job is protect the company from lawsuits.
    Alot of employees get it confused and think HR is your advocate for justice. "I'll report you to HR".
    That's what they claim they are for. But they aren't. Having it allows them to claim they have an HR department so they can claim they have a system in place.
    Which is why most HR people are ineffective people, or fail at doing what an employee thinks they are supposed to do.

Ever wonder why most HR reps are women?
    It's because it's hard to prove sexual harassment being overlooked by HR if the rep is a woman.

The reason would be that if you were accused of taking voyerist pictures on a job, they would have access to you phone.

If your not supposed to have your personal, and you do, and refuse to hand it over, they can fire you, and Dodge a lawsuit, hopefully.

I've never owned a personal cell phone, so hard for me to say about having 2.
    I have a decent HR woman at the company I work for. I was on the phone as they asked me about paperwork I didn’t send in...
    I said I cannot because you didn’t give it to me first....she responded “Well thats typical of what a guy would say!” Then there was a long pause before she burst out laughing! I could not help but also laugh as well....

Post Likes
    SilPhos 15 if it was brazed and SB8 if it was silver bearing soldered.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianOmarPerez View Post
    SilPhos 15 if it was brazed and SB8 if it was silver bearing soldered.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro
    Those be some mighty fine fittings.

Post Likes
    Just heat it up and pull it apart. Clean both sides well, use a bit of white flux and rebraze together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12