Thread: How many of you HVACR Troubleshooters play Chess?

Post Likes

How many of you HVACR Troubleshooters play Chess?

TROUBLESHOOTING takes "THINKING". So does Chess.

I suck at T'Shooting and I suck at Chess, but I keep trying.

2. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I was on the chess team in highschool, so I played multiple games a day at that time, but only play rarely now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes dieseldude liked this post.
    Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes
    with the condition of my service truck, i could master Tetris no other way to stuff 10 lbs of blank into a 5 lb box
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

6. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I played a lot of chess. To get past the intermediate level and try a serious study of the game is all consuming and will drive you mad.
    But the take away for me is spending more time thinking about something, and mapping out the possibilities-both cause and effect, is good for almost all of life.
    But spending 2 hours on a game, thinking long and hard contemplating a very complicated set of end game moves, then grabbing the wrong rook and blowing it is tough.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    Used to play a lot when I was younger. Hardly anymore - occasionally against the computer when I'm on a long international flight and got bored dong other things. But I'm so out of practice now, the computer easily beats me even when the difficulty level is dialed way down.

Post Likes
    played in school but have not played much since. hard to find someone that wants to play. tried to teach the nephew few years back but he had zero interest.

Post Likes
    Never thought it looked interesting. I don't do solitair either.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Post Likes
    Chess is more pattern recogniton. You recognize the pattern your opponent is creating and you counter. after a while its not so much thinking but just reacting and knowing your next few moves and guessing your opponents.

Post Likes
    I played a little. I had two friends/opponents and we were pretty evenly matched.

Is anyone watching Queen's Gambit on Netflix? The author lived in my town until his death. His son still lives here and he is a far better chess player than me.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Site member map HERE!