Thread: Post vacuum with tru blu vac hoses

Post Likes

Post vacuum with tru blu vac hoses

So I've bit the bullet on purchasing the tru blu hoses as the company I worked for has been installing a lot of larger vrf systems lately. When going direct to vac pump to system how are you guys typically adding charge after the vacuum. Valving off the crt disconnecting vac hoses connecting refrig bottle purge and go? I have previously been using the side port of the crt with hose and bottle connected during the vac cycle but this seems like a less desirable situation.

Is purging the hose between the tank and the crt enough and call it a day?

Thanks all.

Post Likes
    I usually charge using the crt and a 1/4” hose straight piped to the bottle.
    Purging is purging. As long as there’s no air between the crt and bottle your good.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    I valve off the crt, remove the vacuum hoses, and connect the charging hose or usually manifold set and purge the charging hose(s) while connecting to the crt. That will purge the hose, and the refrigerant will displace any air in the crt port.

Then I fully open the crt to the refrigerant and let it rip. Once I have pressure on both ends I will remove the vacuum gauge from the side port.

I generally dont put the cores back in until all the refrigerant is in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes dieseldude, Lahrs liked this post.
    Post Likes
    As an interesting bit of history, before the age of vacuum pumps, systems were simply purged of air using refrigerant so I suppose purging a 1/4 5 hose isnt a big deal . You should be fine doing that and wont lose the vacuum like you would by engaging the shrader on the side of the crt.
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    Shoot if I was in a jam in a 3rd world country Id purge with refrigerant and wouldnt think twice about it lol.

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    Just call it de-minimus

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Averagetech37 View Post
    Just call it de-minimus
    like most recovery's!

Post Likes
    Hahahaha

Post Likes
    The side port is where your vacuum gauge goes. You need to be sure your vacuum gauge can handle the refrigerant pressure. Your vacuum hose goes on the same port you remove the shrader valve from. Then to charge, you use that same port.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvac CT View Post
    So I've bit the bullet on purchasing the tru blu hoses as the company I worked for has been installing a lot of larger vrf systems lately. When going direct to vac pump to system how are you guys typically adding charge after the vacuum. Valving off the crt disconnecting vac hoses connecting refrig bottle purge and go? I have previously been using the side port of the crt with hose and bottle connected during the vac cycle but this seems like a less desirable situation.

Is purging the hose between the tank and the crt enough and call it a day?

Thanks all.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    I'm generally only using one crt. Then my big vac hose goes to that.
    I plug my manifold into the opposite service port and run my vac guage on one of those hoses.
    By reading the other end of the system there is no waiting to see what the vaccum actually is that way.
    It also helps that i usually have my nitro hooked up to my manifold as well so breaking the vaccum with nitrogen is super easy.
    Then on my final vaccum I'm usually hooked up to whatever gas I'll be charging with.
    When the vaccum is done I simply start charging with ZERO air in the system.
    Then once a little positive pressure is in I disconnect my vac hos and hook up my manifold hose to the crt.
    You don't squat with your spurs on.
    And you NEVER put the torches away before pressure testing.

12. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Well my 2 blu hoses are in. Now I just need the electricians to finish moving there existing panels so I can finish my 4- 5 ton trane splits.