Hi everyone,
I'm a homeowner with a question about a newly installed Haier mini split. We have a lake home in mid Ohio that was 800 square feet when we bought it. We put an addition of about 500 square feet upstairs that consists of a loft area, a bedroom and a bathroom. We bought a new furnace to handle the downstairs as the original was about 20 years old. We put a single unit mini split in the upstairs bedroom (and an electric wall unit in bathroom). My question is about the Haier mini split.....we really knew nothing about mini splits but we didn't have a lot of room for duct work, etc. I think it is a good choice for our upstairs addition. BUT....the unit never turns off. And I mean never. The fan is constantly running. If we set the heat to 68 it goes up to 76 or so then it switches to cold air blowing with fan continually running and can drop to 63 or so...then still fan blowing goes back up to 76. Are they designed to continually run like this? Air constantly blowing? I was hoping for a thermostat that would shut the unit off when reaches the right temp then back on when it gets to cold. Am I missing something? We called our installer but he wasn't sure. Said possibly problem with remote. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated! Thank you!